+ Reply to Thread

Smile Quehanna Boot Camp

Does anyone know if you put in your loved one's # and it comes up as "Pennsylvania State Prison System" instead of the prison they have been at for months..does it mean they are in the process of being moved? My daughter has been in SCI Muncy since august of last year and now it doesn't give her location as Muncy anymore.
    any help greatly appreciated.

From my experience if they just suddenly disappear then yes they are in the process of being moved and will show back up as soon as they are at the new place.
    Amanda

Ok. This is just my experience here. When our son was at Camp Hill for processing last fall it showed up Penns. State Prison System. He was then sent to his home jail in Oct. and it has always showed up at P.S.P.S, never as Houtzdale SCI. He hasn't been moved nor do they have any intention of moving him from there at this time. I don't know if this helps but I hope it does. If she hasn't gotten into trouble I don't think it is likely that she will be moved from Muncy. Like I said, this system has never shown the facility that my son has been at.

Quote Originally Posted by goodwoman View Post
    Does anyone know if you put in your loved one's # and it comes up as "Pennsylvania State Prison System" instead of the prison they have been at for months..does it mean they are in the process of being moved? My daughter has been in SCI Muncy since august of last year and now it doesn't give her location as Muncy anymore.
    any help greatly appreciated.
    Is this what you see on the JPay site, because that is what I see too on JPay? But on the PA DOC site (http://inmatelocator.cor.state.pa.us/inmatelocatorweb/) when I put in his number, Graterford comes up.

Thank you for your answers...this is such a tough time to go through. I just got a letter today and my daughter has been moved to Cambridge Springs. Does anyone know anything about that prison.

Default From Muncy to Cambridge Springs

Hi,
    A little information I've learned about the system. All females go to Muncy to be evaluated & classified. Once classified, they can stay at Muncy or go to Cambridge, or Quehanna. Quehanna has the boot camp & a regular prison ~ both programs house males & females. The other program there is called 'SIP' but I don't know anything about it.
    Muncy is a multi-level security prison, with minimum security 'sections' all the way to death row. Cambridge is Minimum Security only.
    She's probably better off at Cambridge, as I heard rumor it's easier to get parole from there than Muncy & boot camp is no picnic.
    Paula
    loving

Call me if you need to talk!
    Paula

Quote Originally Posted by pgreengarden View Post
    Hi,
    A little information I've learned about the system. All females go to Muncy to be evaluated & classified. Once classified, they can stay at Muncy or go to Cambridge, or Quehanna. Quehanna has the boot camp & a regular prison ~ both programs house males & females. The other program there is called 'SIP' but I don't know anything about it.
    Muncy is a multi-level security prison, with minimum security 'sections' all the way to death row. Cambridge is Minimum Security only.
    She's probably better off at Cambridge, as I heard rumor it's easier to get parole from there than Muncy & boot camp is no picnic.
    Paula
    loving
    My cousin just got moved and is in the system at Cambridge as of today. Anyone know of transportation up there from Philly?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information