+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,419
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Scared Straight?

    Does anyone know if there is a Scared Straight program in either Cuyahoga County or Cleveland? If my research is correct then there is not...

    I ask this because tomorrow I will be sending out my email to the mayor of Cleveland to start a program. I have wanted to see this program started for a long time and I am ready to take the next step. I have made quite a few connections in Cleveland due to me being involved in the Citizens Police Academy and on Thursday I will be personally meeting the mayor and Chief of Police for my graduation.

    Does anyone have information on a program in the area I might have missed?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    328
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I've never heard of it. I actually looked it up to see what it is. I live about an hour away from Cleveland. It sounds like a good idea. I hope you can get it started. It sounds like it might help out some kids.

  3. #3
    TogetherForever
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LissaKent View Post
    I've never heard of it. I actually looked it up to see what it is. I live about an hour away from Cleveland. It sounds like a good idea. I hope you can get it started. It sounds like it might help out some kids.
    i dunno what it is either...?

  4. #4
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Good Luck Kristen!!
    ~~Lex~~


    "Faith includes noticing the mess, the emptiness and discomfort, and letting it be there until some light returns"

    "The sun is somewhere shining even when it rains..."

  5. #5
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,419
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Ladies, its a program where parents can take at risk teens to the jail or prison in the area and show them the road they are heading down and hope that they want to better their lives.

    I know I have my work cut out for me but this is something I truely believe in.

  6. #6
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    near Lake Jackson Tx.
    Posts
    1,919
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    it's very similar to straight talk and yes they are excellent programs. I am sure both organizations would love to assist in getting new chapters started and I would contact them first. using their name without consent will probably get you in trouble.Both county and state facilities in Texas do participate in these programs. Be aware that it takes time to set up a group of kids for the tours and lots of extra employees to keep them safe. Parents do not go with the kids but are usually close by in a parents support group meeting.

  7. #7
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,419
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by welderswife View Post
    it's very similar to straight talk and yes they are excellent programs. I am sure both organizations would love to assist in getting new chapters started and I would contact them first. using their name without consent will probably get you in trouble.Both county and state facilities in Texas do participate in these programs. Be aware that it takes time to set up a group of kids for the tours and lots of extra employees to keep them safe. Parents do not go with the kids but are usually close by in a parents support group meeting.
    Thank you so much for the information. I will for sure look into contacting both programs. I just know that if I can get this started, I can help so many people that would have a chance if they were shown where they were headed. For me, that would be worth all of the time I would put into it.

  8. #8
    TogetherForever
    Guest

    Default

    lol so its like something they show on the maury show sometimes? sorry i dont mean to laugh but thats what came into my head when i read ur answer kristen..dont be mad i laughed, i still love you

  9. #9
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,419
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TogetherForever View Post
    lol so its like something they show on the maury show sometimes? sorry i dont mean to laugh but thats what came into my head when i read ur answer kristen..dont be mad i laughed, i still love you
    Haha kinda like that but not so dramatic! I am still doing my research because some sources say its effective and some say its a waste of time!

 

 
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
JPay © 2014
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:05 AM.