+ Reply to Thread
    Veteran Member

Default Shock Probation vs. Judicial Release

Does anyone know the difference between Shock Probation and Judicial Release?

Craigs court docket was updated today and all it says for today is Shock Probation. I asked Craig and he said that was under Old Law. So why would it be on his court docket when it says he got Judicial Release.

Sounds like the same to me but obviously isnt if both are on there

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by kstorey614 View Post
    Does anyone know the difference between Shock Probation and Judicial Release?

Craigs court docket was updated today and all it says for today is Shock Probation. I asked Craig and he said that was under Old Law. So why would it be on his court docket when it says he got Judicial Release.

Sounds like the same to me but obviously isnt if both are on there
    I think that is under the old law. Maybe whomever did the updating put in the wrong code. At least he's getting out. Have you heard when?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by ladyzo View Post
    I think that is under the old law. Maybe whomever did the updating put in the wrong code. At least he's getting out. Have you heard when?
    I called the Wisconsin Interstate Compact today and they havent gotten any farther into the process but she told me they officially have 45 days from April 12th to answer. So 1 month to go

Veteran Member

Red tape, red tape, red tap! They work as slowly in Wisc as they do in Ohio. Maybe they're on a work slowdown because of the governor!

Veteran Member

With all the budget cuts you would think they would be speeding things up a bit.... but NOOOOOOOOO!!! We are getting lots of lessons in patience here.

Veteran Member

Im a bit curious because when I called they said an officer assigned to him will be calling me since I am the "owner" of the residence to discuss a plan. Does that mean they are approving it?

I'll flat out tell them I will drive him across the state if I have to lol

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by kstorey614 View Post
    Im a bit curious because when I called they said an officer assigned to him will be calling me since I am the "owner" of the residence to discuss a plan. Does that mean they are approving it?

I'll flat out tell them I will drive him across the state if I have to lol
    Who knows! I does sound good and since someone will be calling you about a "plan". Is you YOUR plan or is it THEIR plan? I know when someone paroles to your house you're checked out and they come to make sure there aren't any drugs, guns, etc. When Jeff was on probation they didn't call first, just came. She looked in the closets, cabinets and even the fridge. She always came unannounced, even caught Jeff in the tub one Friday night about 8pm!

I do hope you can go get him. I'd hate to see him have to ride the van that transports them from state to state. That takes days!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by ladyzo View Post
    Who knows! I does sound good and since someone will be calling you about a "plan". Is you YOUR plan or is it THEIR plan? I know when someone paroles to your house you're checked out and they come to make sure there aren't any drugs, guns, etc. When Jeff was on probation they didn't call first, just came. She looked in the closets, cabinets and even the fridge. She always came unannounced, even caught Jeff in the tub one Friday night about 8pm!

I do hope you can go get him. I'd hate to see him have to ride the van that transports them from state to state. That takes days!
    They just said a plan! I'm praying its a supervision plan about what he can and cannot do and what I plan on doing to help him along the right path. I hope they dont just show up cuz my house is a mess. Not dirty, just toys everywhere!!

That is pretty funny about the tub tho. I have heard that one of the known probation officers out here tends to show up at 2 am to make sure the offenders are home. I am not going to be a happy camper at 2 am

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information