+ Reply to Thread

Default Phone calls using inmate prepaid account

I am someone who has had to deal with GTL for over 4 years...all the ups and downs and I know what it is like to be able to talk to our loved ones and yes in the beginning I had to pay high costs, and it is so much nicer now because I can talk more for less money. I have found a way to save on inmate calls with them being $1.00 or less for a 15 minute call.......If you'd like to learn more about this I can help...Please send me a private message....
    thanks
    Sue
    Last edited by loveisfree; 11-26-2010 at 05:37 PM.

How do you do that?

Default inmates phone calls

I would like to learn more about setting up an affordable account.?
    My friend is at Mansfield Corr; Inst;
    Dee

I would like to learn more as well - the calls are not permitted on his end yet, but I wish to be proactive on this (given how expensive the whole calling thing can be......) Many thanks!

CAN I kNOW MORE ABOUT THIS My INMATE IS IN SAN JOSE

I'd love to know how you do it....

i use google voice and have a local # that he can call and so far i haven't had any issues with it (=
    King WooQueen Woo
    I took one look at cha it was plain to see you were my [destiny] with you I'll spend my time I'll dedicate my life I'll sacrifice for you dedicate my life for you ...
    Always Together Forever

I did that too, all i had to do was make my area cod the same as the prisons, so i changed my phone number to the 614 are code easy! it is .96 for me to talk to hime for 15 min its awesome!

its also only .96 for our calls too (= i love it !!! also i use offenderconnect to put $$ on his phone acct because there is no fee and you can put whatever amount on it && it will be on his phone ASAP!!!
    King WooQueen Woo
    I took one look at cha it was plain to see you were my [destiny] with you I'll spend my time I'll dedicate my life I'll sacrifice for you dedicate my life for you ...
    Always Together Forever

I need to know how to do this, please. He has two little girls who don't know where he is and are worried about him.

i definitely need to know how to do this!

ok I set up a account.I wanted to know do i have to pay anything? he calls me and its $5 does he just call me or do i gotta add money on google voice? please help

i went to offender connect and added money there. u can as little as a 1 dollar with no service fees

im so mad! i made the google voice number and emailed him telling him to call me on that number but when he called to add it to his list, i was driving so i accidently hung up! BUMMER!!! i wish i could speed this process up so i can hear his voice!

Have you had any luck with the google voice account?

I live in his heart...(somewhere in Kansas)

My husband is in prison in Kansas and when he puts money on the phone it only cost $2 to talk to 2 hours...really good. The only thing is, I HAD to have the same area code as the prison, otherwise it cost $2 to connect and $1.79per minute.
    ♥ !Missing my better half! ♥

♥If God brought you to it, he will bring you through it♥

♥ Don't say it's forever and then say goodbye ♥

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulmother21 View Post
    My husband is in prison in Kansas and when he puts money on the phone it only cost $2 to talk to 2 hours...really good. The only thing is, I HAD to have the same area code as the prison, otherwise it cost $2 to connect and $1.79per minute.
    You used Google Voice and Offender Connect?

Quote Originally Posted by loveisfree View Post
    I am someone who has had to deal with GTL for over 4 years...all the ups and downs and I know what it is like to be able to talk to our loved ones and yes in the beginning I had to pay high costs, and it is so much nicer now because I can talk more for less money. I have found a way to save on inmate calls with them being $1.00 or less for a 15 minute call.......If you'd like to learn more about this I can help...Please send me a private message....
    thanks
    Sue
    Could you please give me more information about cheaper inmate phone calls. I'm in TN and my husband is in Marion, OH.

Im in dallas texas does those same rates apply
    I MISS MY BIG DADDI ALOT

Smile

My man is in CRC and he just buys prepaid from commissary. He says it about 1.00 for 15 minutes. Now Im in Columbus,so when he moves to Ross Correctional. Im changing cell number to a number in Chillicothe so hopefully we can get the same deal. I have a Tracfone and get triple minutes so it good on both ends!!

Quote Originally Posted by mamaof5fromtheyo View Post
    My man is in CRC and he just buys prepaid from commissary. He says it about 1.00 for 15 minutes. Now Im in Columbus,so when he moves to Ross Correctional. Im changing cell number to a number in Chillicothe so hopefully we can get the same deal. I have a Tracfone and get triple minutes so it good on both ends!!
    i just got my tracfone and like how does it work with the minutes? can u switch numbers on there like area codes??

I am pretty sure. I dont have to worry about changing the number for a couple of months but I'sll call and see. Dont forget that you still will be using minutes. But with Tracfone most of the phones will give you double minutes and if you go online and type in "tracfone bonus minutes" there are websites with codes that you will have bonus minutes added each time you purchase minutes.On my phone the bonus minutes are doubled too. If I purchase 120 minutes (which I think is like 20 bucks)and get 40 bonus minutes with the codes that equals 120+120+40+40=320 minutes. But Im upgrading to triple minutes soon!

ok im lost what is google voice an how do u use it? Im very curious....
    Posted via Mobile Device

I just called Tracfone and they told me that you can change your area code up up to 4 times a year. Just call customer service and they can help you.

For those that are getting the calls for the .96, is that by using Google Voice? I just went to set that up but there are no Google Voice numbers available in Rockview's zip code.
    D's Mom

@ the moment, SC... will be back HOME in Ohio by December 2011

ok girls.... how do I change my area code to 614 when I live in SC for right now? He can't call me from RIC because it's too costly!! I put money on his books for him to get a minutes card, but the guys are telling him it isn't enough to cover the intial fees and then the connect fee... Im going crazy here.... letters are awsome, but I need to hear his voice!! I miss him so much I can't see straight!! UGH!!

@ the moment, SC... will be back HOME in Ohio by December 2011

Oh and what is Google Voice?

Quote Originally Posted by greenapple View Post
    Oh and what is Google Voice?
    go to google and make a gmail acct if u dont hav one yet. then go to thru its settings to setup a google voice acct. u want to set up a new acct with a new number searching the 614 area code. after u choose ur number, u want to forward all of ur calls to ur cell phone or house phone. its going to take some time to do it but its worth it! i can talk to my fiance for $2.11 a call nights and weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by mamaof5fromtheyo View Post
    I am pretty sure. I dont have to worry about changing the number for a couple of months but I'sll call and see. Dont forget that you still will be using minutes. But with Tracfone most of the phones will give you double minutes and if you go online and type in "tracfone bonus minutes" there are websites with codes that you will have bonus minutes added each time you purchase minutes.On my phone the bonus minutes are doubled too. If I purchase 120 minutes (which I think is like 20 bucks)and get 40 bonus minutes with the codes that equals 120+120+40+40=320 minutes. But Im upgrading to triple minutes soon!
    how do u lengthen the ring time on the tracfone? im using google voice and and trac fone but by the time i answer my phone, the google voice hangs it up

Quote Originally Posted by D'sMom View Post
    For those that are getting the calls for the .96, is that by using Google Voice? I just went to set that up but there are no Google Voice numbers available in Rockview's zip code.

What is rockviews zip or area code ? I can try to help you find a GV# or youcan look up towns nearby....

Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope. "

- Maya Angelou

Actually I can help find any area codes in the U.S. using Google Voice its easy to setup and access, so if anyone needs help just message me or ask and I will help you out. I didn't understand it at first, but after you go through the process - you will be glad you did it because the calls are MUCH MUCH cheaper!!!!!

Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope. "

- Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information