+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Does anyone know if this new law going into effect sept 1st is true about letting them out early for overcrowding? My fiance is in a texas prison.

what is the new law that is going in effect?

Default early release for tdc inmates as well?

my husband is at a transfer unit in abilene & has to make parole.this stuff is all really new to me.this is his 2nd time down for robbery(2 chrgs),not agg tho,but he told me they may treat it as a 5g (?) anyway?he has been locked up since nov 09.bailed him out feb 2010 ,they picked him back 3wks later then he caught chain to middleton in nov of 2010.his parole decision comes up in sept.the parole person that talked with him told him to expect a 1-2 yr set off.any enlightment on this would be appreciated.we were not together his 1st time down so i have no idea whats going on=\

Question I'm clueless

Quote Originally Posted by laswaf View Post
    my husband is at a transfer unit in abilene & has to make parole.this stuff is all really new to me.this is his 2nd time down for robbery(2 chrgs),not agg tho,but he told me they may treat it as a 5g (?) anyway?he has been locked up since nov 09.bailed him out feb 2010 ,they picked him back 3wks later then he caught chain to middleton in nov of 2010.his parole decision comes up in sept.the parole person that talked with him told him to expect a 1-2 yr set off.any enlightment on this would be appreciated.we were not together his 1st time down so i have no idea whats going on=\
    I'm new to all this lingo myself. I don't know anything about a set off date, catching chain or anything else. I think my man is a S-3 but I don't even know what that means!!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by margie View Post
    Mrs. Saenz, I heard about this on national tv news last monday and this morning I heard about it again for the Texas prisons and its posted in this houston radio news website link: http://www.ktrh.com/cc-common/news/s...rticle=9026110
    I've been keeping close attention to all this as my brother who's supposed to get out on year 2017 has not been honored his state time he's already done and I've been trying to get in touch with the mexican consulate to see what we can do to make that time count or to process his deportation.
    I wish there was a document we can get to to see who's going to qualify,etc
    Keep posted and wish your loved one the best
    hi my name is patricia,,my son is in tdc in texas,,he just turned 22 and has never even been verry far from home and im so scared for hem ,it hurts so bad just to think about it,,i miss hem ,,some thime its so hard to be a momi was just hopeing for all the prayers we can get ...his name is richie k romine ,,please pray for his safty and his health and for me not to go crazy with werry thank you all so much and god bless all your family and friends

well got a letter from him yesterday n he got his answer from parole.a 2yr set off =[. i remember my man telling me when he 1st got to his transfer unit that he was an s something.sory my memory's not so good,but i think you can go to the tdcj website n itll tell you. where is your loved one at? my husband is at middleton (for now) in abilene.i guess theyll be moving him since he got his answer,just dont know yet.mail is so slow coming from there.

does a two yr setoff mean at least 2 more years or exactly what ?

I was wondering if this could apply to PA state prisons as well. Does anyone know yet? Or a website ?
    Waiting for you to come home again, my love is always on for you!

Senior Super Moderator
    ~Love is Stronger than "ANY" Wall Built by Man~

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by laswaf View Post
    does a two yr setoff mean at least 2 more years or exactly what ?
    That parole is going to wait 2 years to see him again.

It means he wasn't granted parole at his parole hearing and they are setting off seeing him again for two years. Sorry...

My husband is in the Holliday unit in Huntsville Tx and is simply there on a probation violation and gto 4 years. He has been under review by the board since May 22. He's never had a case, conviction, been to prison, has a degree, is taking classes in prison, works, and no write ups. Does anyone think we have a good chance of him making first parole? Also he said they have been talking alot about the huntsville prisons being let go of liek 9000 prisoner that were non violent or almost done with their sentence does anyone know if thats true? Also does anyone know what this new law that is suppose to pass today? Is that only for parole that been revoked getting street time and the sick inmates? What about the ones with no cases, non violent and cause no trouble while in? Can anyone help with this? Thanks

I have read allot of questions on here about people from all states, but I am in tx as is my husband. I have seen alot of questions from people about the whole releasing prisoners early for overcrowding here in texas is there anyone that knows that for sure because today is Sept 1st when it was suppose to be passed?

Does anybody know what is going on with that new bill?

From this earlier post from Texas Dust:
    I Found A New Site that May Help With This Question

States | Politicker.com
    CLICK ON THE LINK IN RED TO GET YOU TO THIS PAGE

When you go to the Site choose The State your interested in and then when the page comes up there is a search box on the Right up by The Top. Search Words to use Early Prison Release (what ever your looking for) I used Corrections / Prisons / Department of Corrections just know the more specific the words the less pages that come up to look at but there is plenty there on early release in the different States and No I Did Not Check Each State!
    Good-Luck!

Remember Please Post The Information Here On What You Find On The State You Checked Out, for the ones in that State with the same concern. Thank You!

I have done allot of background check on Texas on Prison talk websites and politic websites. It looks like major budget cuts are being made, they are shutting down several prisons, and even letting go of some of the prison guards. However it seems that the first to go will parole who have been revoked and given street time, then the sick ones, then supposedly there will be another 65% of nonvoilet and inmates close to time being up that will go up for review but doesn't mean they will actually get it. Budget cuts have gotten so bad that they have started feeding them from 3 meals a week to only 2 on weekends. good luck with everyone I'm hoping my hubby is one of the ones that make it. I will keep everyone else in my prayers good luck. Please if anyone else finds out more let me know personally. Anyone feel free to email me hrwarren0810@gmail.com and I'm more than happy to help.

Wink New Sept Law about Parole releases

Hello everyone,

I have spent days during research on the subject everyone is asking about the law being passed today about early releasals. MY boyfriend is in the Holliday unit in Huntsville, Tx so all the information I found was about Texas. But I wanted to those of you in Texas aware of this website:

http://brokenchains.us/parole/txparolenews.html

There is allot of great detail about this law and the new budget cuts so you might wanna check it out and it looks hopeful. If you need any help or have questions let me know. hrwarren0810@gmail.com

I heard Tennessee, California (67,000 releases), Florida....

i hope this is true.. my husband says a guard told him it was true, and he also said a guard posted the law on a piece of paper in his day room... He hasnt told me what the law said but ill find out tomorrow when i go visit him.

is unarmend robbery and breakin n entering count as non violent crimes?

my son just got to garza west on monday can anyone tell me how long it will take for me to go visit him???

Does any one know how to unblock phones for doc oregon it is on VAC, there wasn't a 3 way call do not know how even but person in room so thought was specifically for Coffee creek

do they have to let u out on your est mandatory release date? this is in colorado

Default ohios new law

my feonce was givin 13 months for a p.o. violation and they gave him 13 months its been 4 months now the orriginal charge was failurre to comly n resisting arrest i got court papers in the mail yesterday cuz they r bringing him back at the end of the month to sentence him for those hes facing another year. does this new law mean they cant give him extra time for those and does it mean that they will release him on what hes in there now for?

well ladys i talked to some mean *** lady from huntville that answers the phone for parole in huntsville and she just really upset me frist of all i ask her if there has been a vote on my husband parole and dont she tell me "no and theres not one going to be made !" i said well ive been calling and theve told me to call in oct but thought i just give it a chance and call i told her i was hoping they vote already with it being over packed in the prisons . well she tells me thats just a romer and that they have plenty of money to house inmates . and theres plenty of room. she was so mean about it . now im just woundering what ealse we dont know that she does she also said that if anything there getting under payed for there job . why did she have to be so mean!!??!!

I'm having trouble locating any link in red. Am I doing something wrong?
    Thank You

Senior Super Moderator

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Seekentruth View Post
    I'm having trouble locating any link in red. Am I doing something wrong?
    Thank You
    That is because our wonderful Admin changed them All To Blue

Without prior notice Sorry!
    Last edited by TexasDust; 10-01-2011 at 07:56 PM.

Senior Super Moderator

Exclamation

Brought this up to the top in case some one wants to do search for their state

Quote Originally Posted by TexasDust View Post
    I Found A New Site that May Help With This Question

States | Politicker.com
    CLICK ON THE LINK IN BLUE TO GET YOU TO THIS PAGE

When you go to the Site choose The State your interested in and then when the page comes up there is a search box on the Right up by The Top. Search Words to use Early Prison Release (what ever your looking for) I used Corrections / Prisons / Department of Corrections just know the more specific the words the less pages that come up to look at but there is plenty there on early release in the different States and No I Did Not Check Each State!
    Good-Luck!

Remember Please Post The Information Here On What You Find On The State You Checked Out, for the ones in that State with the same concern. Thank You!

States
    Get local politics news, analysis and opinion from your state.

Alabama
    Alaska
    Arizona
    Arkansas
    California
    Colorado
    Connecticut
    Delaware
    Florida
    Georgia
    Hawaii
    Idaho
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Iowa
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Louisiana
    Maine
    Maryland
    Massachusetts
    Michigan
    Minnesota
    Mississippi
    Missouri
    Montana
    Nebraska
    Nevada
    New Hampshire
    New Jersey
    New Mexico
    New York
    North Carolina
    North Dakota
    Ohio
    Oklahoma
    Oregon
    Pennsylvania
    Rhode Island
    South Carolina
    South Dakota
    Tennessee
    Texas
    Utah
    Vermont
    Virginia
    Washington
    West Virginia
    Wisconsin
    Wyoming

Thanks, very helpful
    Posted via Mobile Device

California Releases are not what you're thinking, the inmates that are being moved out are going back to county jails if they're to be moved at all.. The actual population reduction is being done by having parole violators serve their time at County Jail level and NEW commitments that are non-violent and low term doing the same stay at County Jail.. All not good for the inmate!! Food is worse, visits are behind glass, last but certainly not least.. Who in their right mind wants to do any time at all with Sheriffs supervision? I follow the news closely on these issues due to my major concern over my brother. Keep in mind that these rumors have been out there as far back as 1995 when I heard them.

I FEEL U ON THIS ONE THEY ARE VERY RUDE I HAVE BEEN CALLING SINCE THE 20th of sept. MY HUSBAND IS WAITING FOR HIS PAROLE VOTE TO BE MADE AND THEY TOLD ME TO KEEP CALLING HE IS BAK ON PAROLE VIALTION AND HIS PROJECTED RELEASE DATE IS APRIL OF 2012 BUT HAS BEEN IN REVEIW TO SEE IF HE WILL MAKE PAROLE AGAIN AROUND THAT TIME BUT THEY KEEP BEING RUDE WHEN I CALL I HATE IT HE WAS IN COUNTY FOR 5 MONTHS AND HAS BEEN IN TDC FOR ONLY 3 weeks i JUST WANT TO KNOW IF HE WILL MAKE PAROLE ONCE AGAIN OR THEY GONNA KEEP HIM TILL HE MAX OUT HIS SENTENCE WHICH IS 2013 i hope not i really want him home soon
    Posted via Mobile Device

It is good to have some positive information. Here is something for our Texans!
    http://www.texaspolicy.com/pdf/2011-...ons-CEJ-ml.pdf

Post Early release due to over crowding

Quote Originally Posted by TexasDust View Post
    Brought this up to the top in case some one wants to do search for their state
    TesasDust I click on the link and found nothing to do with your subject. Could you give me more information as how to go about this.

Somebody, please help. My boyfriend got sentenced to 14 months. To Monroe correctional washington. Does anyone no when people are getting sent to work release. My boyfriend keeps saying that people are going with 6 months left on there sentence. Does anyone know of that Iss true

Veteran Member

I tried doing some searching but the page won't come up. It says NO SEARCH RESULTS.

My Bae is in central michigan correctional facility that would be a blessing from God if he called me and said im out babe im on my way to you I would dance like david dance unto the Lord AMENNNNN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information