+ Reply to Thread
    Veteran Member

Default Whole Shabang Potato Chips!

I ran across this little article while researching Keefe the big commissary giant that pretty much has ALL the contracts for most of the prisons fed & state in the US....I thought it was a bit amusing that you had to be an inmate to be able to buy these potato chips. Which by the way are VERY good, it'll be the one thing about this DOC ordeal I'll miss when hubby comes home!

The Quest for Moon Lodge "The Whole Shebang" Potato Chips
    The Price for These Chips is Guaranteed to Be Far More Steep Than Anything You've Ever Bought
    ashley kurz
    ashley kurz, Yahoo! Contributor Network
    Feb 22, 2011

All- seasoned Moon Lodge "The Whole Shebang" potato chips, craved by many ex-cons, are flavored with salt, vinegar, barbecue seasoning, seasoning salt and an impressive array of other secret seasonings. These
    AdChoices
    ultra-flavorful chips are sold only on commissary lists at correction institutions, making it impossible to enjoy them unless you commit a crime first.

In a quest to find these potato chips, I called the manufacturer directly. I spoke to an anonymous operator, at Keefe Commissary Network, who informed me that the chips are not sold to anyone outside of a correctional institution.

She made it known that she is frustrated with the number of calls she receives about this issue. "Yeah, I know, everybody wants them."

I asked if the chips could be sold in bulk to civilian business owners. Halfway through the request, she stopped me abruptly and said, "No, I'm sorry and I understand your frustration but you cannot buy or sample the chips."

"Unless I go to prison, right?" I asked half-jokingly.

"That is correct ma'am." She said it very seriously.

A lengthy and frustrating search online led me nowhere but to several frustrated users on Yahoo Answers, asking the very same question. I moved on to look for a comparable product. What I found, was more frustration. Frito Lay's Ruffle brand offers a variety of potato chip called "All Dressed." While Frito Lay products are certainly popular and widely available in the US, the "All Dressed" variety is not. It is only sold in Canada. If you live in the US, two bags of these chips can set you back more than $20. The upside, I suppose, is that they are at least possible to obtain.
    'To be brave is to love unconditionally without expecting anything in return.'

That is stupid, I guess the amount of calls they get is no sign that they should sell it on the outside. So let me get this straight in order to get these chips you have to mess up enough to go to prison? and yet they could make millions on the outside too?

or (if he gets all his gaintime)

Veteran Member

Lol i guess i will never try them cause i have no plans of going to the big house........but i know this from just calling to hubby and asking him about things like that. He said there is a couple of things he misses but not enough to go back to get......thank god...

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by paulsgrl2004 View Post
    That is stupid, I guess the amount of calls they get is no sign that they should sell it on the outside. So let me get this straight in order to get these chips you have to mess up enough to go to prison? and yet they could make millions on the outside too?
    OR you're visiting an inmate coz they're sold in the VP as well lol...

But yeah I agree, about all the $$ they could make on the outside if they released them to the public...go figure, maybe there's some kind of contractual thing or something keeping them from being sold on the outside...

I hate to say this ,but they are probably made with something that would not be good for the public. HA! HA!

Veteran Member

LOL that's what makes em taste so good tweety...lol they're potato chips lol....they're the 'whole shebang' lol and if you ever try one you'll be hooked..

Now I'm going to check the vending machine for those tomorrow

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by browneyedgirl3325 View Post
    I ran across this little article while researching Keefe the big commissary giant that pretty much has ALL the contracts for most of the prisons fed & state in the US....I thought it was a bit amusing that you had to be an inmate to be able to buy these potato chips. Which by the way are VERY good, it'll be the one thing about this DOC ordeal I'll miss when hubby comes home!

The Quest for Moon Lodge "The Whole Shebang" Potato Chips
    The Price for These Chips is Guaranteed to Be Far More Steep Than Anything You've Ever Bought
    ashley kurz
    ashley kurz, Yahoo! Contributor Network
    Feb 22, 2011

All- seasoned Moon Lodge "The Whole Shebang" potato chips, craved by many ex-cons, are flavored with salt, vinegar, barbecue seasoning, seasoning salt and an impressive array of other secret seasonings. These
    AdChoices
    ultra-flavorful chips are sold only on commissary lists at correction institutions, making it impossible to enjoy them unless you commit a crime first.

In a quest to find these potato chips, I called the manufacturer directly. I spoke to an anonymous operator, at Keefe Commissary Network, who informed me that the chips are not sold to anyone outside of a correctional institution.

She made it known that she is frustrated with the number of calls she receives about this issue. "Yeah, I know, everybody wants them."

I asked if the chips could be sold in bulk to civilian business owners. Halfway through the request, she stopped me abruptly and said, "No, I'm sorry and I understand your frustration but you cannot buy or sample the chips."

"Unless I go to prison, right?" I asked half-jokingly.

"That is correct ma'am." She said it very seriously.

A lengthy and frustrating search online led me nowhere but to several frustrated users on Yahoo Answers, asking the very same question. I moved on to look for a comparable product. What I found, was more frustration. Frito Lay's Ruffle brand offers a variety of potato chip called "All Dressed." While Frito Lay products are certainly popular and widely available in the US, the "All Dressed" variety is not. It is only sold in Canada. If you live in the US, two bags of these chips can set you back more than $20. The upside, I suppose, is that they are at least possible to obtain.
    wtf is up with that.........oh well i guess i will never be eating them cause if i never deal with any DOC's again it will be FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! any way I am a pop corn person..........
    GOD IS SHIFTING THE ATMOSPHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cute Graphics

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by folts View Post
    Lol i guess i will never try them cause i have no plans of going to the big house........but i know this from just calling to hubby and asking him about things like that. He said there is a couple of things he misses but not enough to go back to get......thank god...
    Well i guess i will never try them either lol...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information