+ Reply to Thread

Default Jpay Email link Missing in MY ACCOUNT

Can anyone help. I have been sending emails to my son, just sent one Saturday. When I logged into my Jpay account today there is no link to click on to send email! Not even a link to buy stamps. It just has SEND MONEY. I dont want to send money. It is weird! It has "Welcome Betty" My account and Send Money. No where can I find the email link that was there yesterday! I even tried using a different browser and still the email link is missing. Just to make sure I checked to make sure he is still at RDC and he hasnt been moved yet. Sorry for the long post. Thanks

Veteran Member

That is odd. Did you try going in www.jpay.com and signing in from scratch. I write a couple people and sometimes I have to make sure their name is actually chosen on the home page. Good luck to you
    AS THE FIGHT GETS HARDER, I GET TOUGHER!!!!

Veteran Member

I would give Jpay a call...The only thing I can think of is maybe they aren't allowing him to have emails right now.! (800) 574-5729 there is the number if you decide to call.! maybe another lady here will be more helpful.! Sorry.!

My man is home.! 7/12/2013

Quote Originally Posted by DonsGirl View Post
    That is odd. Did you try going in www.jpay.com and signing in from scratch. I write a couple people and sometimes I have to make sure their name is actually chosen on the home page. Good luck to you
    Thanks for the fast replies. It is very odd. I even restarted my computer, lol - I did send Jpay an email with my problem maybe they can figure it out. Yes his name shows up when I sign in but it just says (send Money)
    thanks again

Veteran Member

I hope they get it figured out soon. We have enough frustrations, sure don't need that.
    Quote Originally Posted by blb3150 View Post
    Thanks for the fast replies. It is very odd. I even restarted my computer, lol - I did send Jpay an email with my problem maybe they can figure it out. Yes his name shows up when I sign in but it just says (send Money)
    thanks again
    AS THE FIGHT GETS HARDER, I GET TOUGHER!!!!

A few months ago when the email option was gone and all I could do was send money I called JPay and the jail he was at and they said it was because he was being transferred. 3 days later the email button was back and he was moved from Jackson. They said when they transfer inmates they cut off communication as a safety measure.

Thanks so much. I just checked and it was because he was in transitition and is now moved from RDC to Westville. The email link is now back! Thank you

Veteran Member

Glad that you got it all figured out.!

My man is home.! 7/12/2013

Hey, my bay went from RDC to westville.. He ABOSULUTELY HATES it there!!!

Default money for payment

I send my son money every month. He in the past yrs has lied to me , I'm praying that he is changed and getting better. We all want our loved ones home with us, but we also wan for them to learn from their mistakes. My question is.... The monies that we give them each month does the system take out a portion of this for the legal fees? Lawyer fees cort costs ect? I would assume that thats what their spending time for but, If anyone knows if they do take fees out could you please let me know so I know I can trust my son or know hes still playing me.

Thanks
    Lilmarciano

Yes, they do take money from their account. I think they are allowed to take half of what is put in to pay for lawyers fees, incarceration, etc. It's too bad that they are allowed to do that in my opinion. Have him check the particulars because it may be that they can only take it once a month & after a certain amount is in the account. I think at our son's facility it is if he has more than $50 in the account.

Senior Super Moderator
    ~Love is Stronger than "ANY" Wall Built by Man~

Quote Originally Posted by lilmarciano View Post
    I send my son money every month. He in the past yrs has lied to me , I'm praying that he is changed and getting better. We all want our loved ones home with us, but we also wan for them to learn from their mistakes. My question is.... The monies that we give them each month does the system take out a portion of this for the legal fees? Lawyer fees cort costs ect? I would assume that thats what their spending time for but, If anyone knows if they do take fees out could you please let me know so I know I can trust my son or know hes still playing me.

Thanks
    Lilmarciano

Each state and facility is different, most DOC's take a percentage of any money going in to the inmate, to go towards their Fines And Restitution they owe. Once paid off they no longer take the fee.

To find out it is as easy as calling the facility and asking or here on JPay go to the State Forum and click on the Link for the Department of Corrections "home page" Website and check the information there on what the percentage is they take out or you can post the State and Facility name here and we can help you find out the information.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information