+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    GAPEACH2005

Post Jpay Emessages/Email!!

JPay has acquired the account for the email service of a few more prisons and I now have to use it to send my cousin emails. A question I had and maybe a few of you may have (especially newbies) was this: What indication do we have of going into the 2nd page, causing us to spend the cost of 2 stamps verses one? The answer I received was this.

If you type it in a Word document first and cut and paste, you can basically go by that. If you have one page in the Word document then you'll have one in the JPay email, costing you only 1 stamp. If you have 2 pages in the Word document then you'll have 2 pages in the email costing you 2 stamps and so on. They also said it's a total of 6,000 characters but who is going to sit there and count!? The other service I used counted for you and had the indicator right there on the screen and told you what page you were on, that was nice and convenient!! Are you listening JPay??!!

hi!!
    if you press "preview" the document will come up in adobe acrobat reader and you can see how many pages you wrote.. if you can't do that.. then click "continue" and before you hit "submit" it will tell you how many stamps the letter will cost.. if it says 2 and you only want 1 page, then go back and make the font smaller.. they have 3 sizes of font: small, medium, large... you can pick any one of those to shorten or lengthen the letter!!

Yeah, I used the emessages/email tool for the first time. - Was very excited that the facility that my hubby was at finally decided to keep up with the times. Although, I was concerned about one stamp per page. I understand that you are conducting a business and have to make your money, but at least give us 2 pages a stamp!

well, jpay is qute cheap compared to letters from europ to the us
    and right, choose the smallest font and it will be much smaller than handwriting anyway and you can always preview and change something if you don't have enought stamps or whatever.

so i really like it - and my words reach my hubby the same day now and don't need about a week anymore! this speeds up our conversation a lot

How long does it take for a letter to be received once we submit a letter throgh here?

Depending on the system, mine usually take 24 to 48 hours to get to my boyfriend.
    [ William's Skittles ]

We love eMessages! Its almost like having a real visit as he gets my eMessages the next day and he writes me back and puts it in the mail and i get his letters the day after he mails them. When he was at his other unit mail would take forever. Sometimes there would be a ten day period between him mailing the letter and me receiving it. We never complained because we felt that would only make it slower. His other unit didn't have the eMessages so as soon as he was moved I checked and could use the service. For us, if I send an eMessage today he'll have it tomorrow. Thank you jPay...it would be nice to have at least two pages per stamp!

Hello i am new to site and i love emessages and have no complaints about the cost of the stamp cuz i can be on the computer @ nite and email my baby and know that he will get it the next day r so...how GREAT is that...Thanx JPAY

do u need to put your return address in the actual letter? im worried my boo doesnt have my return address cuz i moved and i didnt include it in the letter .

GAPEACH2005

Quote Originally Posted by lucylu1005 View Post
    hi!!
    if you press "preview" the document will come up in adobe acrobat reader and you can see how many pages you wrote.. if you can't do that.. then click "continue" and before you hit "submit" it will tell you how many stamps the letter will cost.. if it says 2 and you only want 1 page, then go back and make the font smaller.. they have 3 sizes of font: small, medium, large... you can pick any one of those to shorten or lengthen the letter!!

Thanks for the additional info, I knew about viewing your letter first and changing the font though.

I just wish there was an indication while you are typing the letter like it was with the old service I used because I didn't want to make the font too small where he would have trouble reading it nor did I want to go back and change or edit info in the letter so I just kept it as is but I will type it in a Word document the next time so I'll know beforehand.

GAPEACH2005

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Girl View Post
    Yeah, I used the emessages/email tool for the first time. - Was very excited that the facility that my hubby was at finally decided to keep up with the times. Although, I was concerned about one stamp per page. I understand that you are conducting a business and have to make your money, but at least give us 2 pages a stamp!
    I agree!! With the other service I used in the past we were given 3 pages for 60 cents. I'm just glad I'm not emailing everyday like I did when my man was in. I do email a cousin from time to time but it won't be that often, and I definitely won't be going over 1 page either!

GAPEACH2005

Quote Originally Posted by missin.my.boo View Post
    do u need to put your return address in the actual letter? im worried my boo doesnt have my return address cuz i moved and i didnt include it in the letter .
    A return address is not necessary but if you want to include it within the email so he'll have the new address then that's okay, it's whatever you would put in a regular letter. If you don't let him know of the new address then how else would he obtain it?

Ms.Marie Fike

Default emessaging

It wouldnt allow me to email or anything. It said that I have a email already . But I have never use it for email. I only used it for send money. Im sorry to make things are . Just trying to see if I can email..

I've just used the emessage for the first time, and so am looking forward to hearing how quickly it reached my friend. I'm in Australia, and it generally takes 10 days for a letter to get to him, and then more for mail room delays....so this could be a miracle!

I love jpay. I'm satisfied with the cost. It allows me to communicate with my friend in a more efficient manner. Writing causes me a great deal of pain because of a previous surgery so I used to find myself being short in my letters. Now I can peck away and no that he will have my words of comfort in a shorter period of time. I'm just praying they will eventually have the chance to emessage me back as well. Thanks jpay!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by GAPEACH2005 View Post
    I agree!! With the other service I used in the past we were given 3 pages for 60 cents. I'm just glad I'm not emailing everyday like I did when my man was in. I do email a cousin from time to time but it won't be that often, and I definitely won't be going over 1 page either!
    Thanks GA!! I know some may think that I'm trippin over a stamp. NO, not a stamp - 1 page per stamp!! Why, when I can sit down and write him a 7 page letter for the same price! True, he may get the emessage one day sooner, but uh we've been doing the handwritten letters for quite a while now, one extra day won't hurt. Don't get me wrong; I'm excited that I can get a message to him a day sooner, I would prefer to be able to say little more without him have to put any strain on his 20/20. vision.
    Last edited by Texas Girl; 10-08-2009 at 10:21 AM. Reason: duplicate words

Senior Super Moderator
    ~Love is Stronger than any Wall Built by Man~

Exclamation

Hi!

Just a note to let you know it is 2 pages for one stamp. (it may seem like one page to you but when they get it printed out at the mail room it is 2 pages.)

You can see how it looks by going to your sent box and printing one of the letters you sent him and you will be able to tell what he gets and how it looks.

Hope this Helps!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasDust View Post
    Hi!

Just a note to let you know it is 2 pages for one stamp. (it may seem like one page to you but when they get it printed out at the mail room it is 2 pages.)

You can see how it looks by going to your sent box and printing one of the letters you sent him and you will be able to tell what he gets and how it looks.

Hope this Helps!
    Why doesn't it say that? It says that I will be charged one stamp for each page. That leads me to believe that, I will be charged one stamp for each page. I thought that is what the print preview option is for - to see the layout of the letter when it is printed.

Senior Super Moderator

I have been looking for where it states this and of course I can't find it right now with everything that is going on.

I found where it says make sure you have enough stamps for your letter

then where it states 1 stamp per page

But somewhere it tells you each Jpay page is two pages to the inmate

GAPEACH2005

Why doesn't it say that? It says that I will be charged one stamp for each page. That leads me to believe that, I will be charged one stamp for each page. I thought that is what the print preview option is for - to see the layout of the letter when it is printed.
    Texas Girl,

I just used the service and I talked to someone personally over the phone and it's 1 page per stamp, exactly what I was charged.

That's who also gave me the information about typing it in a Word document first and then pasting it, however many pages you have in the Word document then that's how many pages the email will be and how many pages the inmate will receive.

Like you, unless it's something urgent, I'll write and save my stamps for very time sensitive information.

I love using email,but I also send letters all the time too!! So somedays he is getting plus a letter!

GAPEACH2005

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Marie Fike-Clark View Post
    It wouldnt allow me to email or anything. It said that I have a email already . But I have never use it for email. I only used it for send money. Im sorry to make things are . Just trying to see if I can email..
    If you already send money then you have an account. Log in the way you would if you were sending money and once you are in your account it should give you the option to send an emessage.

If you are still having problems then check to see if the prison where your love one is uses JPay for their email services. I was told once you log in if you don't see the option to send mail then JPay doesn't service that particular prison.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need further assistance.

GAPEACH2005

Quote Originally Posted by mytexasguy2009 View Post
    I love using email,but I also send letters all the time too!! So somedays he is getting plus a letter!
    They love that, my man would call me up all the time telling me "babe, I got an email plus a letter" and I could hear him smiling over the phone!! Makes them feel good and I'm not sure if it's done like this at every prison but my man said they call your name for each piece of mail/email and he would strut with his chest out to go get his mail after hearing his name called 3 or 4 times!!
    Last edited by GAPEACH2005; 10-08-2009 at 07:45 PM.

you can click on preview and see how it looks and how many pages

Talking

They love that, my man would call me up all the time telling me "babe, I got an email plus a letter" and I could hear him smiling over the phone!! Makes them feel good and I'm not sure if it's done like this at every prison but my man said they call your name for each piece of mail/email and he would strut with his chest out to go get his mail after hearing his name called 3 or 4 times!!
    That is too cute!!! I hope they do the calling your name thing at the place he is at!!

Ms.Marie Fike

If you already send money then you have an account. Log in the way you would if you were sending money and once you are in your account it should give you the option to send an emessage.

If you are still having problems then check to see if the prison where your love one is uses JPay for their email services. I was told once you log in if you don't see the option to send mail then JPay doesn't service that particular prison.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need further assistance.
    thank you and I tried last night and it wouldnt work . thank okay I dont care any more I'll just write and send my love that way. thank you so much .

GAPEACH2005

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Marie Fike-Clark View Post
    thank you and I tried last night and it wouldnt work . thank okay I dont care any more I'll just write and send my love that way. thank you so much .

You're welcome and if you would like send me a PM with his location and I can check to see if JPay services that prison. You can also call JPay and see if they can assist you. (800) 574-5729.

Ms.Marie Fike

You're welcome and if you would like send me a PM with his location and I can check to see if JPay services that prison. You can also call JPay and see if they can assist you. (800) 574-5729.
    thank you honey,
    but Im gonna just wait and see if my Fiance has it or not. But for step brother I know he's LA prison again. He can get letter by the darn mail. I have help him more than 3 times. So if he got put back in there again thats on him. But I will be here to write to him. the darm man is 48 yrd old he still hasnt learn. I can only pray for him. thank you sweetie...Marie

Senior Super Moderator

http://www.doc.ks.gov/news-room/news...AQs%20_2_.pdf/

I found this under Kansas!

When you go there it is under Number 8.) about it being two pages for one stamp charge.

I hope All Members realize that Jpay services different states with different services some states have them and others don't (ALSO) the prices are different for different states the price of stamps and the price of Video Visits.

I have tried to compile all the information I am learning about the different services and posted them under News and Announcements Confusion Over Jpay Services so we can keep a tab of what The Site Jpay has for The Services offered and a little information about them as we are all learning as we go.

I hope this helps and doesn't confuse anyone...

If anyone feels they have something to add to what they know about the services please feel free to add your comments to the thread as we are all here on The Jpay Friends and Family Forum learning what the Jpay site for services has to offer and how it works.

Thank You!
    Last edited by TexasDust; 10-21-2009 at 11:07 PM.

Does anyone know the quality of the photos that are printed from JPay. Are they on photo paper or regular paper? Any info will help. Thanks

Over the rainbow waiting on the carebears

Question hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Shabbagrl View Post
    Does anyone know the quality of the photos that are printed from JPay. Are they on photo paper or regular paper? Any info will help. Thanks
    I dont know about the paper they print it on but my friend said when he goes on the comp and views the pics they are so dark he cant tell what it is. So i quit sending pics with the letters online. Probably ask the prison where the person is at or the person can ask another inmate who recives photos like that.
    No matter who or what we are , we must praise!

Veteran Member

my husband told me they are printed on regular paper and in black in white. Not sure if its different anywhere else but that at the connally unit..

Veteran Member

That's right 2 pages per stamp works for me.....
    Have a Blessed Day

mamalion
    :

Hello .. sorry new to this... can you tell me if the inmates email you back or do they still write letters and mail them? and can I purchase his stamps on here as well... thank you

Question JPay Emessages

How do you use the emessage. I am unable to get started.

Quote Originally Posted by khousen View Post
    How do you use the emessage. I am unable to get started.
    You have to register first then buy stamps. You should be able to do it after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Myan View Post
    my friend said when he goes on the comp and views the pics they are so dark he cant tell what it is. So i quit sending pics with the letters online.
    If you want to let me know which facility your friend is in, I can look into that issue for you.
    "It's Dr. Evil, I didn't spend six years in Evil Medical School to be called "mister," thank you very much." - Dr. Evil

Over the rainbow waiting on the carebears

Quote Originally Posted by bnoe View Post
    If you want to let me know which facility your friend is in, I can look into that issue for you.
    Its at Miami Correctional Facility (MCF) in Indiana!
    No matter who or what we are , we must praise!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shabbagrl View Post
    The pictures my son says are done in black and white..No photo paper regular paper just as though we had a picture on our pc and we printed it out...They charge one stamp per picture but if you go to photo bucket i found i set up an account and you can crop your pictures and you can put 4 pictures on one page and it's cheaper,plus my son says they are about the same as you send one..So i always send 4 on one page for him plus you you have to write a letter with the pictures it won't let you send just pictures I found that out this morning while making a Birthday card for my son it wouldn't let me send it i had to write a letter as well...
    Have a Blessed Day

mamalion
    :

I am a newbie does the inmate have to pay to reply back or how does that work

Veteran Member

some facilities have the equipment for their inmates to respond back. some don't. i can send my boyfriend emessages but he has to reply via snail mail (or he just calls....). during the week, he'll receive them the following day but on the weekend because the mailroom is closed, he won't receive anything i send him until that monday or tuesday.
    let go, let God

---

---

---

"And stand together yet not too near together:
    For the pillars of the temple stand apart,
    And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other’s shadow." - The Prophet

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mamalion View Post
    The pictures my son says are done in black and white..No photo paper regular paper just as though we had a picture on our pc and we printed it out...They charge one stamp per picture but if you go to photo bucket i found i set up an account and you can crop your pictures and you can put 4 pictures on one page and it's cheaper,plus my son says they are about the same as you send one..So i always send 4 on one page for him plus you you have to write a letter with the pictures it won't let you send just pictures I found that out this morning while making a Birthday card for my son it wouldn't let me send it i had to write a letter as well...
    How did you add the pictures on a jpay letter? I tried and couldn't figure it out.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gasman7140 View Post
    How did you add the pictures on a jpay letter? I tried and couldn't figure it out.
    there's an attachment option at the top, just as if you were attaching a file in any other email...
    let go, let God

---

---

---

"And stand together yet not too near together:
    For the pillars of the temple stand apart,
    And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other’s shadow." - The Prophet

Hey , when you send a letter send reply with stamp option and it will take 2 of your stamps.hope that answers what you ask , have good day

Unhappy

Well I just tried again and it must depend on the facility your sending it to. I have no option to attach anything. I even tried to copy and paste with no luck.

Hi.. I have sent my friend in Texas Smith Unit an email with jpay for the first time last week. No problem with that, he was happily surprised. But today the option for sending an e-mail is not longer coming up for me ????? Why is that? I can still pay phone (which I can't anyway because he can not be called) and I can also still pay on his account (which is not possible yet for Smith). BUT I CAN NOT SEND EMAILS ANYMORE. Could this be because I am from Europe? But I read someone saying she/he uses it from Europe. And why did it work ONE time? Does anyone have a clue? I can not call them from here with the 8oo number they have, and have not gotten any replie on my e mail. I want to write!!! Thank you in advance if someone has advise.

No need to answer - it must have been because he was in transit to another Unit. There they do not have this service.... what a pitty.

I love that you can send pictures as well!! Jpay is great!

I love it too....before I would write my son, then hunt up the stamps, an envelope and stamp....and then out to the mail box. If I didn't get it there right on time....it wouldn't go til the next day....this way, I can sit down at midnight or when ever and write what I'm feeling at the time. So much better....Thank you JPay for stepping into the 21st century.Barbarilla

How do you send pictures?? I asked this question before and someone said you can't.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information