Click On Link To Get You To The Jpay Site To Send Mail or Money

Sign Up Questions

What information do I need to sign up?

To sign up you must enter the following:
(1) offender location,
(2) the offender’s name and ID number, and
(3) your email address.

Sign up does not require any credit/debit card information.

Do I need to sign up again if I have used JPay in the past?

No. You can login with your email address and password.
If you forgot your password, use the “Forgot My Password” option.

When signing up, do I choose State Prison or County Jail?

An offender is either in a State Prison or a County Jail or Federal Prison.
If the offender is in a State Prison, then choose the State where the prison is located.
For example, if the offender is in San Quentin then choose California. If the offender is in a county jail, then you must choose that specific county jail. For example, choose Ventura County Jail if the inmate is in the Ventura County Jail

Why can't I choose the offender's specific state facility?

There is no need to choose the specific state facility. JPay identifies the correct facility after you have chosen the correct state. A successful sign up indicates that JPay has found the offender

Why do you need my e-mail address?

JPay uses your email address as your JPay username. We do not share your email address with any third parties.

Log In Questions

What is my JPay username?

Your JPay username is your entire email address including the domain (Example: myname@email.com). Your email address will be your account username.

What if I forget my password?

Click on the “Forgot Password” option. Your password will be sent to your email. Once you log in, you can change your password by clicking on the “My Account” tab under the “Change Password” option.

Payment Questions

What type of payments does JPay accept?

You can use your credit card or debit card. We accept Visa and MasterCard.

Can I send cash?

You can send cash to select facilities at any ACE Cash Express or MoneyGram location. Please contact Ace Cash Express (888) 753-238, or MoneyGram 1-800-MONEYGRAM® for a location near you

‘My State’ Homepage Questions

What is the "My Home" section?

JPay customizes your account according to the state or county where the offender is located. My state lets you access information specific to the offender’s correctional institution such as maps and bus schedules.

How do I use Offender Search?

(1) You can locate an offender ID number or last name. Offender ID is preferred because offenders may share a last name but the offender ID number is unique.

‘Send Money’ Questions

Why do I need to set up my profile before sending money?

We require this information before you can send money. Please keep your JPay account updated.

Can I use another person's card on my JPay account?

Yes. But the offender will be notified that the money came from your JPay account.

Do I need to add the fee to the amount that I am sending?

No. You will be charged the payment amount plus the fee. Before JPay charges your card you will see the total amount.

When does the offender receive the money?

This depends on the offender’s location. See “Fees and Timing” on the “Send Money” page.

What are the fees for sending money?

Fees depend on the offender’s location. See “Fees and Timing” on the "Send Money” page

How do I know if my transaction worked?

The confirmation number indicates that the payment has gone through.
The payment will be “pending” until the money is credited to the inmate’s account.
The payment will appear as "Sent" after the money has been credited to the inmate’s account.

What is the "pending state" or "pending county" status?

"Pending" appears when the money is on its way to the offender’s account.
"Sent" appears after the money has been credited to the offender’s account.

Why won't the system accept my billing address?

Your billing address does not match the billing address that you have on file with your bank. Contact your bank to find out what billing address they have on file.
Then you will need to edit the billing information under your JPay account.

What is a card validation code?

Card Validation Code (CVC) is a three-digit number on the back of your Credit Card. The credit card number is reprinted in the signature box on the back of the card and at the end of the number is the CVC.

Why won't the system accept my card validation code?

If you cannot find your card's validation code then you must contact your bank for more information.

My credit/debit card expired. I updated my JPay payment information to include my new expiration and JPay will still not accept my card. What should I do?

An expiration date changes your card's validation code. You must delete the card on file with JPay and add your new card’s information

Are there any additional fees besides the JPay service fee?


When will my card be debited?

Please allow up to three banking days. This does not delay the offender payment.

If my payment fails why do I still have authorizations on my card?

An Authorization Hold is the practice within the banking industry of authorizing electronic transactions done with a debit card or credit card and holding this balance as unavailable either until the merchant clears the transaction or the hold "falls off." In the case of debit cards, authorization holds can fall off the account anywhere from 1-5 days after the transaction date depending on the bank's policy; in the case of credit cards, holds may last as long as 30 days, depending on the issuing bank.

Most Credit Card/Banking institutions allow merchants to void an authorization hold immediately or adjust the amount of the hold in a process known as an authorization reversal; other card associations require customers to wait until the customer's bank invalidates the hold

‘My Account’ Questions

Why do I need to set up my profile before sending money?

We require this information before you can send money. Please keep your JPay account updated so that we can contact you.

Can I send money to more than one offender?

Yes. You can add or delete inmates from your account in the "Inmate Information” section under the "My Account” tab.

How do I edit my credit card information?

Card information cannot be edited. To change your card information, delete your current card and start over by adding a new card.

Can I have several cards on my account?

Yes. You can add or delete credit/debit cards from your account in the "Payment Information” section under the "My Account” tab.

Can I see pending or past payments?

Yes. Go to the "Payment History” section under "My Account”.

Security Questions

Is my information secure on the JPay website?

The security of your personal and payment information is our number one priority. With the industry's most-advanced encryption and fraud prevention, JPay is dedicated to keeping your account safe and secure.

Will my information be accessible to the inmate?

No. Inmates are notified by the facility that you sent money through JPay. All other information regarding your JPay account is confidential.

General Questions

Is JPay available internationally?

Yes. You can send money from anywhere in the world. If you experience difficulties with address verification please contact your bank and ask them exactly how you should enter your address into a U.S. based website.

What are your office hours for live customer agents?

Contact Us by Email:
JPay's Customer Service team can answer all account questions. Email us at Support@jpay.com and we will reply promptly.
Contact Us by Phone:
For live agent help, please call (800) 574-5729.
We can only discuss account information with the account holder. We will verify account information before answering any account specific questions.

Write to Us:
JPay, Inc.
P.O. Box 530955
Miami, FL 33153-0955