+ Reply to Thread

Default Leaving Voice Messages for Inmates

So OH told me he's just discovered i can leave him a voice mail................there's nothing on ICS that i can see that tells you this.
    But i followed his instructions and it worked! So hopefully he'll be waking up to a Happy Birthday message this morning, next time he goes to the phone.
    Wish i'd known about this before.

How'd you do it? I was able to but now when I call it won't go through....

When he calls, a number comes up. If it's different every time, i have about 20 saved numbers. Once i tried to call back (out of curiosity when he first started calling, and it was dead).
    so i called the last number that showed up, and it goes to a voice mail messaging service. It ask for your phone number, the one that is regisistered for him to call you on with ICSolutions. Then his back number, and your PIN.
    Then you can leave a 30 second message............for the cost of $1.
    Next time he checks the phone your message will be there, and he can save it.
    Oh and stay on the line after you've recorded untill you hear the Terminator Ladies vocie, otherwise it wont record.
    Useful if you need to send an urgent message, or in my case wanting to leave a Birthday message.

Ok yeah that's what I did too, but now the phone comes up private. Bummer.

CAll ICS and ask for the number, as I did eventually find it listed as a service on there. But it didn't list the number you have to call.

I am going to do that. I went back into my call records and looked for all the numbers I was calling (when I was able to leave messages) and they have since been disconnected. Thanks!

Tell me this isn't weird... So I get calls yesterday from hubby and the area code comes up 702 and the caller ID comes up "embarq payphone". I was like wtf?Anyway, I answer it and it's him. He's in Ely. Well when I call the number back it says it's the offender messaging system for casa grande correctional facility (halfway house here on Vegas). I entered his doc number and sure enough I was able to leave a message. So weird! It worked though =)

Veteran Member

Aww I am so happy you got to leave a message for your honey

Southern IL but Headed to Vegas to be w/my hubby in Ely!

Default Pin number

So you're saying call the number back, it asks for his ID number and pin. HIS pin or do you make one up? I don't know his pin.

It asks for your phone number and Pin. The same one you would use to load money on the phone. All you need of his is the doc number.

Veteran Member

The prison phone systems can route all over the place depending on the system they use or that is what I'm finding out about Telmate. It's part of there computer system and the ability to record and store thousands of phone calls, texts, e-mails and video visits for months At the detention center they even record our non contact visits. I tried to get a local phone number to qualify for the cheap rate but found that the company Telmate "owned" all the local prefixes Talk about monopoly
    That which does not break you only makes you stronger

Southern IL but Headed to Vegas to be w/my hubby in Ely!

Default Leaving a VM

I got a call yesterday from Ely also with the number 702-262-6140. I've tried calling back yesterday and now but get a busy signal.

Veteran Member

You should be able to contact the phone provider for the prison and they will walk you through it
    That which does not break you only makes you stronger

Quote Originally Posted by Milfy View Post
    I got a call yesterday from Ely also with the number 702-262-6140. I've tried calling back yesterday and now but get a busy signal.
    I sometimes get a busy signal.....I assumed it's when the line out is busy. Try for long enough it will become free. But also call ICSolutions and ask them for a number.

Quote Originally Posted by Milfy View Post
    I had to call it back a few times before it rang. It will though, just keep redialing

what is his doc #. is that his inmate id number its about 7 numbers? I entered it 110****, first I tried all 7 numbers,then just the last 4. is there a way to find a directory listing? ics said you can punch in 3 letters of the name and it should give you a listing. so far no luck on the listing or finding him. He is at casa grande in vegas, he called from 702-425-2915. please let me know what i'm doing wrong, I have tried ics emailing them, still havent heard back,& it's the weekend at the facility, i doubt I will get anybody ,just recording.thank you for any/all help.

Quote Originally Posted by Witch View Post
    When he calls, a number comes up. If it's different every time, i have about 20 saved numbers. Once i tried to call back (out of curiosity when he first started calling, and it was dead).
    so i called the last number that showed up, and it goes to a voice mail messaging service. It ask for your phone number, the one that is regisistered for him to call you on with ICSolutions. Then his back number, and your PIN.
    Then you can leave a 30 second message............for the cost of $1.
    Next time he checks the phone your message will be there, and he can save it.
    Oh and stay on the line after you've recorded untill you hear the Terminator Ladies vocie, otherwise it wont record.
    Useful if you need to send an urgent message, or in my case wanting to leave a Birthday message.
    *what is "his back number" is that the latest number he called from? i had a missed call from 702-425-2915, so i called it and got the recording asking if i wanted to leave a message for $1..i put in my number that he calls (my prepaid acct from ics) on my cell collect,i put in my pin, it verified my account,told me my balance then asked for inmate pin/id something like that..i tried inputing his inmate id=7numbers long,then i tried my 4 pin #,then first 3,4, letters of last name,(hoping for a directory list like ics said=nada) I don't know what other number they would be talking about..shed any light I would appreciate it1 thank u!

Senior Super Moderator
    ~Love is Stronger than "ANY" Wall Built by Man~

http://www.icsolutions.com/FriendsFa...ngDetails.aspx

Voicemail Messaging Details

Inmate Voicemail allows outside parties to leave voicemail messages for inmates. The inmate phone system alerts inmates when they have a new message, and inmates can listen to their messages any time they have phone privileges.
    If you would like to leave a voicemail message for an inmate, you must first have a Prepaid Account. If you do not already have a Prepaid Account, click here to set up a Prepaid Account. Each Inmate Voicemail box is secured by a secret PIN known only to the inmate associated with the mailbox, discouraging unauthorized access by other inmates.
    How much does it cost to leave a Voicemail message for an inmate?
    Pricing is determined by each individual facility. The typical cost is $1.00 or less for up to a 30-second recorded message.
    Does the inmate have to pay to listen to a Voicemail message?
    No. The voicemail message is paid for by the person who recorded the message. The inmate is never charged a fee of any kind for this service.
    How do I record a voicemail message for an inmate?
    Each correctional facility has its own local toll-free Inmate Voicemail Number. This unique number is provided at the facility.
    When you call the Inmate Voicemail Number, you will be prompted to enter your Prepaid Account information to confirm the availability of prepaid phone services. You will then be prompted to enter the inmate ID or enter the first 3 letters of the inmate’s last name to retrieve an inmate listing. After selecting an inmate from the listing, you will be prompted to record your voicemail message. The message will be immediately available for retrieval by your inmate.
    I don’t have a Prepaid Account. How do I set one up?
    The fastest and easiest way to set up an account and purchase prepaid phone services is to use our Online Payment Processing Service. This service allows you to conveniently purchase prepaid phone services using a credit or debit card. As soon as your purchase is completed, the inmate will be able to call you at the phone number you designate. In addition, your Prepaid Account allows you to leave a voicemail message for the inmate if it is available at that facility. You can also call our toll-free customer service center at 1 (888) 506-8407. Customer Care Representatives are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to answer any questions and process your pruchase. If you want to purchase prepaid phone services for a Prepaid Account using a check or money order, please mail to: ICSolutions
    Attn: Customer Service Department/Prepaid Account
    2200 Danbury Street
    San Antonio, TX 78217 When purchasing prepaid phone services through a mail-in purchase, please be sure to include with your payment, your name, address and the designated telephone number you wish to receive calls from.

http://www.icsolutions.com/FriendsFa...Messaging.aspx
    Voicemail Messaging

You can leave voicemail messages for your inmate at any time through our Prepaid Account service, as long as voicemail services are available at that facility. This service is available to you 24/7, allowing you to leave a voicemail at your convenience. This is another way that ICSolutions is opening the lines of communication between you and your loved one. Setting up a free Prepaid Account is easy. Simply click here or call one of our friendly customer care representatives at 888.506.8407. We have bilingual (English and Spanish) representatives ready to assist you.
    Voicemail messaging benefits:
    • Voicemail allows you to contact the inmate at your convenience.
    • You can leave a voicemail message 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
    • Your loved one will receive your 30-second message without having to place a call to retrieve the message.
    • As a Prepaid Account holder, you can leave a voicemail for any incarcerated person in the facility that you have an account with.
    • Each correctional facility has its own local toll-free Inmate Voicemail Number. This unique number is provided at the facility. When you call the Inmate Voicemail Number, you will be prompted to enter your Prepaid Account information to confirm the availability of prepaid phone services. You will then be prompted to enter the inmate ID or enter the first 3 letters of the inmate’s last name to retrieve an inmate listing. After selecting an inmate from the listing, you will be prompted to record your voicemail message. The message will be immediately available for retrieval by your inmate. Please click here to learn more about this service.

I can't get to the part where it says I can retrieve an inmate listing. i entered the first 3 letters of the last name,push #, and it says "sorry inmate not found try again later, then I have to call back and start process all over..anyone else go thru this or do you know the way to get the inmate listing by punching in the letters of their last name. is there a standard voicemail number for casa grande the number i have is 702-425-2915. But I think he has called from other numbers before that are similiar,and also from a 702-505-****. sound familiar to anyone. I really want to leave a message and don't want to have to wait til monday just to find out it's a number I already have...so anyone can help or offer more specific info..i'm all ears! Thank you TexasDust for your wisdom & taking the time to post this info for us alll!

Senior Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by missmynada View Post
    Thank you TexasDust for your wisdom & taking the time to post this info for us alll!

You're Welcome
    !

Veteran Member

I tried it!! It didn't work..I'm gonna try again!! This is cool if you can.
    I wanna thank you in advance for a beautiful life
    & tell you how happy I am just to be your wife
    You're my rock you know your my confidence
    Got that S on your chest because your my superman

Senior Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by alocsLADY View Post
    I tried it!! It didn't work..I'm gonna try again!! This is cool if you can.
    How can I leave a voicemail message for an inmate?
    Each correctional facility which provides this service, has its' own local toll-free Inmate Voicemail Number. This unique number is provided at the facility.

When you call the Inmate Voicemail Number, you will be prompted to enter your Prepaid Account information to confirm the availability of prepaid phone services. You will then be prompted to enter the inmate ID or enter the first 3 letters of the inmate’s last name to retrieve an inmate listing. After selecting an inmate from the listing, you will be prompted to record your voicemail message. The message will be immediately available for retrieval by your inmate anytime they have phone privileges.

Veteran Member

Thanks Texas for providing this information for the people of this forum. I think I will keep things the way they are only because I have enough stress... LOL If I know he'll be calling another family member, (we each have different calling days) I call them to pass a message along. Good luck to all of you who will be leaving voicemails, I'm pleased that we have another way to communicate with our LO's/SO's Have a great Sunday and God Bless

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information