+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Werdcc

Default Werdcc

Does anyone know what it's like on the inside?
    Last edited by printerguy; 07-31-2009 at 10:19 PM.

Senior Super Moderator
    ~Love is Stronger than "ANY" Wall Built by Man~

Exclamation Women's Eastern Reception, Diagnostic and Correctional Center

Women's Eastern Reception, Diagnostic and Correctional Center (C-1 to C-5 Female)
    Cyndi Prudden, Warden
    P.O. Box 300
    1101 E. Hwy 54
    Vandalia, Mo. 63382
    573-594-6686
    Map This Address

The Women’s Eastern Reception, Diagnostic and Correctional Center (WERDCC) in Vandalia received its first inmates in January 1998. This facility confines 2,076 minimum to maximum (C-1 to C-5) female inmates and certified juveniles. WERDCC serves as the intake center for females entering the department from around the state and also includes a permanent inmate population. This Reception and Diagnostic unit processes female inmates for assignment to permanent population at WERDCC, Chillicothe Correctional Center or the community release center treatment programs for women in St. Louis or Kansas City. Processing includes orientation to prison life, risk assessment educational testing, psychiatric and medical evaluation, AIDS testing and a drug education program.

VISITING HOURS
    THURSDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY SUNDAY
    8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. 10:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. 8:00 a.m. - Noon
    Immediate family only 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
    Immediate family only
    TREATMENT CENTER - Every first and third Saturday from 12:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. (Immediate family only)
    DIAGNOSTIC UNIT - Every Second Saturday from 12:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. (Immediate family only)
    Every Fourth Saturday from 12:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. is designated for the Moms and Kids Introducing Knowledge program.

Senior Super Moderator
    ~Love is Stronger than "ANY" Wall Built by Man~

Missouri Department of Corrections
    Jay Nixon, Governor
    George Lombardi, Director

2729 Plaza Drive
    P.O. Box 236
    Jefferson City, MO 65102
    Phone: 573-751-2389
    TTD: 573-751-5984
    Fax: 573-751-4099

I have been in WERDCC twice during my eleven years on a five year sentence. If you are not in the "hole" it is like a college campus. There is alot of drama between lesbians and the guards are all inbred family members. There are a couple nice ones. I will tell you that R and O is the hardest time there. That is when you first arrive. If you didnt have family it would be ok, even fun at times. If you do not have money you starve to death!!!!!!

My niece is doing R&O right now, what makes it the hardest time, and what can she do to make the pill go down easier? Her mother will rest easier, the more answers I can give Her. Thanks for the heads up tragirl40 !!

I went in on September 18, 2009 & left January 16, 2010. Like tragirl said R&O is the worst part. You're up early & they're constantly yelling something at you. After that if you can get a decent job (canteen was decent) or go to school, time goes by pretty good. Tell your niece to stay away from the lesbians & watch who she makes friends with (just like in the "real world") and she'll be fine.

I'M CRAZY IN LOVE WITH TONY!!!

I was there too. When were you in?

hi, i am new to the forum and this really caught my attention. first off, i was writing to a dear friend that i met through a pen-pal there. we continued writing for a year or so then suddenly her letters stopped arriving. i later learned that the state of MO had banned inmates from corresponding with the world through onsite ads. does anybody have any info on this? please, any and all info is greatly apprciated, thanks.

Default First Time Rollback

My girlfriend is back on her first rollback, she has a couple of violations mainly association and one LAW. She is waiting to hear what the board is going to give her, I wish I knew what time she was looking at, I know it is tough on her but it is also tough on the family, any idea at what we may be looking at?

Do you recieve a pregnancy test in R and O?

All females receive pregnancy tests upon arrival. I've heard WERDCC or Vandalia is an awful place only because some women make it that way. I'm sorry that you have loved one's there. I pray they are safe and keep to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by mrflowers View Post
    hi, i am new to the forum and this really caught my attention. first off, i was writing to a dear friend that i met through a pen-pal there. we continued writing for a year or so then suddenly her letters stopped arriving. i later learned that the state of MO had banned inmates from corresponding with the world through onsite ads. does anybody have any info on this? please, any and all info is greatly apprciated, thanks.
    this is true. MODOC doesn't allow corresponding of this nature. Sorry.

My daughter is in there for 120 days and its tough from what she says..
    Heather

Default how this jpay works

I am trying to talk to a certain inmate that is incarcerated at the Werdcc in Vandalia Missouri. This is my first time on the site here and I would like to know what is going on with her and how she is doing. Hoping everything is ok with her and patiently waiting for her to get out so that we can share our lives together. Her name is Michelle Brandes. Can someone tell me what else I need to talk to her directly. Or does this site do that at all. Thanks in advance and hope to hear something soon

I am a reporter who spent a year working inside WERDCC. Here is a link to the first of my stories. Please read at least the first and second parts because it is very disturbing.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed...ison-officials

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information