+ Reply to Thread

Default Met him while he was in prison, Married him in prison, He came home cheated

Guess where he is now? Yep that's right. Back in prison. Karma is a *****. I stuck by him and he came home and got wild

So all he's did is used u huh??
    Posted via Mobile Device

"what comes around goes around" in his case, hope that will be his lesson! Keep ur head up n stay 4x stronger gurl!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Oh my! I am so sorry that you were treated like that. He didn't deserve your love and God has a plan for you! Better to find out what kind of man he is now than years later.
    Like Maya Angelou says ~~When a person shows you who they ARE, believe them the first time!

Veteran Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ugotme2011 View Post
    Oh my! I am so sorry that you were treated like that. He didn't deserve your love and God has a plan for you! Better to find out what kind of man he is now than years later.
    Like Maya Angelou says ~~When a person shows you who they ARE, believe them the first time!
    Ditto!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer'swife View Post
    Guess where he is now? Yep that's right. Back in prison. Karma is a *****. I stuck by him and he came home and got wild
    wow im really sorry this happened....was there any signs or no??? maybe you can help some ladies

Veteran Member

That is wrong...BY THE WAY ALL OF YOU NEW ONE'S WELCOME TO JPAY...

Veteran Member

Just throwing my two cents in..We all know the old saying is you don't know a person until you lived with them. You give all of us ladies on this forum something to think about. My honey luv will be paroled next year (hopefully) I pray at his age once he comes into the free world he will have sense enough to keep a low profile and not end up back from whence he came. (if he does error and go back) he'll do the time without me!

that's the thing he didn't he had over 30k in his account and signed it over to me while he was incarcerated so no he took care of me well. he just was too wild. he's says he still loves me and is begging to get me back.

Default Dissapointments with MWI

Don't take it as you did anything wrong.
    Alot of people don't realize that coming home
    from a lifestyle that some of those men have
    to live while incarcerated can be a challenge.
    I don't think prison prepares a person at
    all for outside world and alot of these guys
    that are longterm offenders who have been
    in there since 18/19yrs old. They wont' know
    the first thing about a relationship. They don't
    have a clue of what all is involved with a relationship
    once they are released in the free world with any
    woman they can have n want. One thing I can say
    is he will remember what all you have done for him.
    It will be a lesson to learn for him by not having you.
    I would allow him the space he needs to get adapted
    to life and you the time you need to heal and pamper
    yourself.

Blessings to you
    KImi

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by earthangel903 View Post
    Just throwing my two cents in..We all know the old saying is you don't know a person until you lived with them. You give all of us ladies on this forum something to think about. My honey luv will be paroled next year (hopefully) I pray at his age once he comes into the free world he will have sense enough to keep a low profile and not end up back from whence he came. (if he does error and go back) he'll do the time without me!
    Age can be a factor! Somethings you just get too old to do!
    You just dont have no more years to give.
    We Rode it Out

I met Jay through a friend of mine (his sister) going on 5 years ago.. He brought up marriage about a year ago and as badly as I wanted to go through with it, I just couldn't. I love him something serious and cnt imagine life w/o him now, but I know that while he's doing his time everything with us will be golden! it's when he's been released that the true tests will occur.
    I'm by no means naive to the situation.. after he's laid down the time he's facing the last thing I expect of him is to be anything near faithful when he comes home. (of course this is something we've already tlkd about.) Maybe it's my personal commitment issues/fear that are holding me back but I think we're good were we are right now. you know what they say...
    "if it ain't broke.. dnt fix it!"

-patiently waiting!
    Last edited by Bleu-Moon; 06-08-2011 at 05:36 PM.

Veteran Member

I don't see any good reason to get married while someone is inside...honestly, I don't. I love my guy to death, when the day comes and he gets out, he will be coming to the home that I have made for us. But I just don't see any reason for us to get married while he is inside, it has nothing to do with trust issues or anything like that, but just being very practical. I don't need a piece of paper to keep me faithful or to tell me that we are a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by earthangel903 View Post
    i hear that my boo knows that is the number one rule! If he acts a fool when he comes home, i'm gone!
    Keep your head up

Quote Originally Posted by Cerwydden View Post
    I don't see any good reason to get married while someone is inside...honestly, I don't. I love my guy to death, when the day comes and he gets out, he will be coming to the home that I have made for us. But I just don't see any reason for us to get married while he is inside, it has nothing to do with trust issues or anything like that, but just being very practical. I don't need a piece of paper to keep me faithful or to tell me that we are a couple.
    I agree! Yet I don't knock anyone getting married inside
    as I am not in that situation myself but I just don't
    understand the need to do that while they are still
    in prison.

KImi

Cool a simple touch..

I totally agree.. both Jay and I know no piece of paper big or small will validate our relationship. We love eachother deeply and that's all that matters, really. Only it's been 5 years and countless NON-contact visits.. He's got a ton of time left and I haven't even had a simple hug! not a kiss, a pat on the back.. nothing! I've never yerned for someones touch so bad! but here I am, a year after talks about marrige.. still holding strong!

Quote Originally Posted by KImi06 View Post
    I agree! Yet I don't knock anyone getting married inside
    as I am not in that situation myself but I just don't
    understand the need to do that while they are still
    in prison.

KImi

I said it before, if ur love can stand up to the test of "his time" then your relationship can withstand just about anything. I 1000% agree that there is no reason to get married while he's locked up. Bobby and I have talked about the big "M" word, but i don't think i could do it while he's inside. The big day should be special, not some "quickie" with no kiss or honeymoon or anything. Bobby and I already consider our relationship as our marriage because we are true and faithful to each other...and I, as well, am preparing our home for us when he gets out. Then we can talk about the "legality" part of the "us" later! A marriage is between 2 people who love each other, and it doesn't have to involve a signing of a piece of paper to be put before God or whoever your higher power is!
    Ɔнαм'ƨ Ǥαℓ!!

<3 <3 Cham's Gal Forever <3 <3

Veteran Member

I do agree with this...I would hate to go home alone my first night as his wife...

fate brought us together, now it is up to us to stay that way

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by bailey1975 View Post
    I said it before, if ur love can stand up to the test of "his time" then your relationship can withstand just about anything. I 1000% agree that there is no reason to get married while he's locked up. Bobby and I have talked about the big "M" word, but i don't think i could do it while he's inside. The big day should be special, not some "quickie" with no kiss or honeymoon or anything. Bobby and I already consider our relationship as our marriage because we are true and faithful to each other...and I, as well, am preparing our home for us when he gets out. Then we can talk about the "legality" part of the "us" later! A marriage is between 2 people who love each other, and it doesn't have to involve a signing of a piece of paper to be put before God or whoever your higher power is!
    I agree but to have a marriage before God means to be married by a Reverend. I agree that both people can be so in love and so close that it's like their married already but I also think that there are two things that consist in a marriage cermony that make it necessary. One- your doing it to have your marriage blessed by God (hince the Reverend performing the ceremony) and two the marriage license. Cause lets face it- itls not legal if you don't have that piece of paper. I can't have him come home and us "playing house" all the while knowing that it is frowned upon by God. We have to do it right. That's my take on it.

zetta

Quote Originally Posted by Angel80 View Post
    I agree but to have a marriage before God means to be married by a Reverend. I agree that both people can be so in love and so close that it's like their married already but I also think that there are two things that consist in a marriage cermony that make it necessary. One- your doing it to have your marriage blessed by God (hince the Reverend performing the ceremony) and two the marriage license. Cause lets face it- itls not legal if you don't have that piece of paper. I can't have him come home and us "playing house" all the while knowing that it is frowned upon by God. We have to do it right. That's my take on it.
    *It's great to get married because of the blessings...thats the main reason why I married my husband...Blessings and "I" did not want my child out of wed lock and he agreed to that. He proposed to me more than 3 yrs ago but, I wasn't ready until this yr., when we both planned to have a baby. I feel more proud to be called a mother/wife than a babymomma/girlfriend...I just couldn't do it even when he was out.
    Last edited by zetta; 06-24-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer'swife View Post
    I honestly fear this the most! We aren't married but we've been together for 4yrs and by the time he gets out I'll have waited 7yrs. And at my age that's a LONG time to wait for someone. I love him with all my heart but IF he were to come home and act a fool like that then guess who's kickin rocks? Ha I'm not getting any younger and I definately dont have time for all the "childs play". Just saying.....
    Posted via Mobile Device

Off the subject of the original post but...I married my husband in prison. We had been engaged anyway but after 3 denied paroles and 7 years later I finally decided to go ahead with it in there. Def not how I would have envisioned it (story of my life it really came down to that he was the only man I've ever really loved and I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. It was my way of showing my love and comittment to us, made even more pronounced in a place of such uncertainty. For ME marriage is for life and he is the one and only (yes I understnd extremes that lead to exceptions and if I were cheated on, especially after all we've been through it wld be over). My husband has always told me what he sees so many guys going through in there with wives/girlfriends leaving/getting prgnant by other men. Given my views, our marriage has given him a piece of mind he did not completely have before when he was always waiting for the day id say I was moving on like he'd seen happen to so many others. Besides, I look at strong and lasting relationships of those close to me, namely my parents. The 3 that have been most influential on me were married in a court room, nothing fancy/no crowd, but got to the heart of a marriage... founded on love and a commitment between man, woman and God. For the original poster: you deserve better and my heart goes ou to you!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Last edited by cabelajgl; 07-29-2011 at 02:35 AM.

Posted via Mobile Device

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information