+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can I Help??

Exclamation Can I Help??

I have spent 10 yrs in KDOC and have been housed in every facility except Larned so if anyone has questions about the inside, rules, prison life in general, or about a specific facility, let me know and I will do what I can to help. If I dont know the answer to your question chances are I WILL know where to find out. I am writing a proposal to send to the legislature about starting an inmate advocacy program so that inmates and their families will have some resources to help deal with the issues that are unique to us and our situations, so your questions and concerns are important and will be used as some of the basis for this program. I know the issues I had to deal with, but I'm sure there are many more out there that need addressed as well, so please if you have questions, concerns, or even just comments, let me know, and I will do what I can to help not only those who asked, but our community as a whole.
    N2DEEP
    mgreen69@live.com

Hello,
    my bf is in RDU right now and I was wondering why he has not called and has only written me a few times, he has been there for a little over a week, and im going crazy. he says that he thinks he will be sent to winfield...how is that place...and how are the calls in RDU and in winfield and what are the rules for visiting in both places, i hope im not asking too much! also how is it the day they decide to move you. and i know prisons are not the cleanest but how do you keep from getting infections, and how does the store ordering work, and how does the day your release typically go! thanx a ton!

Quote Originally Posted by mgreen69 View Post
    I have spent 10 yrs in KDOC and have been housed in every facility except Larned so if anyone has questions about the inside, rules, prison life in general, or about a specific facility, let me know and I will do what I can to help. If I dont know the answer to your question chances are I WILL know where to find out. I am writing a proposal to send to the legislature about starting an inmate advocacy program so that inmates and their families will have some resources to help deal with the issues that are unique to us and our situations, so your questions and concerns are important and will be used as some of the basis for this program. I know the issues I had to deal with, but I'm sure there are many more out there that need addressed as well, so please if you have questions, concerns, or even just comments, let me know, and I will do what I can to help not only those who asked, but our community as a whole.
    how are things in hutchinson minium he is level 3 for visitation and living conditions and anything else he just got transferred there

If I were to do time anywhere in Kansas and had my choice as to where it would be I would choose the south unit at hutch. Visits are the best in the state! Both days of each weekend and federally recognized holidays from 8am to 4pm living conditions are o.k. no single or double rooms though its all dorms but most minimums are that way. Now he will probably be behind the walls at the central unit awaiting his turn for bed space at the south unit if so tell him to hang in there the south unit is way better and the wait is usually less than 30 days. He will be able to get a good job over there maybe even KCI or min. wage. and if he knows anything about horses they have a program there where inmates train wild mustangs to be sold to the public. There are a lot of bad rumors about hutch and behind the walls can be tough but the south unit is great.
    N2DEEP
    mgreen69@live.com

TAKENbybre I sent you a private message answering all your questions, just check your inbox. I hope it helps let me know if you need anything else.
    N2DEEP
    mgreen69@live.com

How are visits in El Dorado? The only place that I have been to visit is Hutch Central. He wants to move back to Hutch East and he said the visits are better there but El Dorado is closer to me and he was thinking about moving there.
    Being the best me that I can be.

My man may not be perfect but he's the perfect man for me!!!

Visits at ElDorado are nice. Guards are pretty laid back. Food is good. Certain level inmates can order fresh favs food during the week.

well it's been a long time coming but i FINALLY got approved to visit my hubby at Lansing. I have been told to bring a clear purse or ziplock bag to hold $1 bills and quarters in and not to wear anything too immodest or a bra with a wire support...are these suggestions correct and is there any thing else i need to know? I am excited yet very nervous and I will check the Lansing web page for visitation rules to find out the hours etc but I believe it is from 7:30 AM-3PM??

Always & Forever Eternal Bliss

oh yes 1 more thing, I live near Russell, KS and will be passing through Salina, Abilene, Junction City, etc., and would LOVE to carpool if anyone is interested!

Always & Forever Eternal Bliss

Quote Originally Posted by mac1970 View Post
    Visits at ElDorado are nice. Guards are pretty laid back. Food is good. Certain level inmates can order fresh favs food during the week.
    I appreciate the info. He is trying to move to El Dorado and I already know the Hutchinson facility people. I hate the building but the guards in Hutch Central are pretty cool.

Default visitation app

My fiance is in hutch...i filled out my app and sent it to the p.o.box that i write him at...is that right??

I was wondering what the deal is with the JPay machine in Hutch. I'm new to this so I don't know if it's South or what... My friend said it has been down for a week and no one has been able to fix it. Will anyone know when it will be back up and working? I'm going thru somewhat of withdrawls lol.

Yeah, that's the right place to send the application. They will pull it but stay on them because they didn't let me know when I got approved.
    The JPay machines are quirky in Hutch. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't but I just got off the phone with my husband and he's in Central. He said his brother was able to JPay his sister so I don't know if they are working in South too.

Lyndamills676...Is your hubby minimum, medium, or max? If he's medium or max, visiting days depend on his housing unit. This week-end, June 12 & 13, is M & Q Units on Saturday & K & L Units on Sunday. That's medium. If he's in max, you need to call & see which units get which days. Medium visiting is from 7:30 am - 4:30 pm. No phones, cigarettes, lighters, etc. Lock all that stuff in your car. No low cut or sleeveless shirts, no ripped or too tight pants, no short shorts or skirts. Money needs to be in clear bag or baggie. Bring quarters for juice & drink machines, buy tokens for food where you come in. Metal detector will go off if you're wearing an underwire bra, so avoid that if possible. You can kiss & hug at the beginning & end of the visit & hold hands on top of the table during the visit. Some of the officers are real jerks & some are OK. You'll figure it out as you go. Congratulations on seeing your hubby & enjoy your visit. My husband is in M-Unit, so I'll be up there all day Saturday.

God Bless,
    Bri's Lady
    Last edited by Bri's Lady; 06-08-2010 at 01:46 PM.
    Bri's Lady

Veteran Member

How do I post a thread?? I know I have before but cannot remember!!!!

fate brought us together, now it is up to us to stay that way

Veteran Member

You need to go back one step to the Kansas DOC forum or which one you want to post your thread and at the top left of the forum list is a box that says new thread.
    Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by EJH222 View Post
    You need to go back one step to the Kansas DOC forum or which one you want to post your thread and at the top left of the forum list is a box that says new thread.
    Thank you EJH!!!! I appreciate your assistance!! BTW I love your signature and I actually posted it on my profile!!!

Veteran Member

Glad to be of help.
    Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about.

That is really cool you are offering information and not totally abandoning the past 10 years of your life. My husband is locked up in Michigan City, IN. So, since you are not in this state, I would bet you are clueless about that, but I still wanted to say it is cool and thanks for providing information to anyone you might be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by kimmiekins View Post
    I appreciate the info. He is trying to move to El Dorado and I already know the Hutchinson facility people. I hate the building but the guards in Hutch Central are pretty cool.
    Im glad you asked about El Dorado..its closer to me too..& my bf is trying to transfer back there..I agree with you about Hutch Central..hate the building, but guards are cool..

I am new at this so, just exactly what is the money we send to jpay able to be used for?Can they use it at the store to buy hygiene items, shoes,food and other things? Also-does anyone know about the guards at Hutch-east? Thanks!

Veteran Member

They can use the money for the store and whatever they need it for. That's all I know hope that helped a little.
    No matter the distance between us, you are still near and dear to my heart!!

I worked in El Dorado, and the visits are not bad. It depends on who is working in there how much can be "gotten away with". If you know what I mean. I worked there for 3 years before I got "caught up" with Bryan. Now he's been moved to Hutch because my ex husband works in El Dorado too.

Wow! You are cool. Don't know anything about you, just liked your introduction..Bye-Nikole

visits in eldorado central are very good they have a snack bar you can get food from and the officers are generally pretty laid back as long as you arent being blatently lude if it is closer to you it would be a much better environment for him and much better visits for all of you tell him to go there if he has that option
    N2DEEP
    mgreen69@live.com

yes they can use the money you send on jpay to buy any items that are available for inmate purchase
    N2DEEP
    mgreen69@live.com

hutch East is a good camp and visits are decent there
    N2DEEP
    mgreen69@live.com

yes that will get it where it needs to go best of luck and keep your head up they cant keep him 4 ever even if it seem that way sometimes
    N2DEEP
    mgreen69@live.com

Veteran Member

Mr Green -- I do have a question.

Do you know if you can be paroled to another state from Kansas? Thank you for your time!!

Missing Adam- I have the same question. My son is assuming that Missouri will agree to parole supervision. I can't find the information on it.

Veteran Member

Mr Green,

Can you tell me anything about LCF? My loved one was just moved to Medium security.

Pngtisa- my loved one assumes the same and we are still trying to figure out details. I dont know if they will have to stay in KS.

my husband is in lansing, ks in med unit..i am in tx with my 2 children (ages 4 and 1) we are looking to move to lansing area but need someone to stay with until we get on our feet. do u know of any programs out there?

I already run a not for profit organisation that meets the needs for Kansas inmates and their families I also run it right across the U.S.
    I have sent you a pm letting you know about freedom flyers and how you can help if you wish. I am always looking for volunteers and inmates to help run it.
    Inmates and ex inmates are always needed for officer positions. Since December last year I have helped over 4000 inmates and their families in the U.S alone and it is all too much for one person.
    No, we don't keep Koala's as pets, we don't ride Kangaroos to school and there is no such thing as drop bears. We do love our barbies and beer so if you ever come down under have a drink on me.

I am trying to find out the qualifications to get into a trade class .He does not qualify due to his points. My son does not qualify for the 60 days good time due to a level 3 non drug charge.But he has been put into a class that everyone wanted to get into but him. He is worried that any DR report will cost him his good time credit. He has not had a DR and is working hard not to get any but you can only do so much.Being in class he cannot transfer closer to home. The 7 hr trip is extremely hard on the kids. We weren't having any luck trying for a transfer but we were hoping for a miracle. Now he seems to be doomed to stay a year there. I quess my question is how someone who was told he didn't qualify for a trade ends up in one?

my fiance is in hutch i believe he is in the south unit it say level minumum and i am trying to get approved as a man that has been locked up what is the thing that i can do to help him get through his time i send lots of pics i try and write him everyday and put money on the phone on pay day but is there anything more i can do i love him so much and he is in because a jealous female called rape when it wasnt she just went psyco cause he hit it and quit it

any advice for visiting with kids at lansing? my friend is in lcf-central and there are a few of us wanting to visit him when he gets off restrictions...both of his parents, two children and myself...but me, persoanally, i'm a little concerned about taking two young children into a max/med facility for a visit. but then again, we should qualify for special visits because of having to travel so far for a visit, so i don't know how that would affect things either.

Veteran Member

if they are not his children they will not be allowed to visit him.

i know only his kids can visit...i'm just wondering as to the wiseness of it. he was previously housed at ellsworth and visits seemed to go well there. again, just wondering about the appropriateness of it all.
    Jenni Lynn

my husband has been recently sent to Hutch-Central - high/med dont have a clue what that means - I live in Washington - and I was wondering if there is any like video chat there - what can I expect - as I wont be able to visit but maybe once a year if that - and it will be a long time of him being in there - I am trying to survive but crushed with his sentence - any thing will help on what to expect - or how I can deal with being a wife on the outside with a man on the inside doing 400 months -
    SassyT

Destined2bee- My son was released in March. Before Missouri would agree to his parole supervision, he had to sign a statement that he would abide by Missouri rules. They do not have good time for parole (I think Kansas is 50%). We have been told that the PO will get a letter from Kansas letting them know that he is to be released. We have heard stories of parolees getting released very early. We're hoping that will happen for him! He's getting married this week!

Veteran Member

Awe congrats!!!!! Will you be able to attend the wedding?

Yep! It was yesterday.. Everything went very well! Beautiful wedding and a beautiful daughter-in-law who stuck by him the whole time.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information