+ Reply to Thread

Question New to all of this

HI i am new to this...my mom told me i should set up a j pay account since i have someone that is in prison too. i met him through her soon to be husband. they are bunkies. Ive heard alot about him and figured id write him to get to know him better. we have been writing about 1 month now.. From what he says about himself and what Dave (my moms fiancee) says he sounds like a very nice and loving person and dad. I have never met anyone like this before so this is all new to me.. I dont know what to think about it. He does seem like a very nice man. and Im worried when he gets out and we met for real he wont like me... Anyways..Thanks Mom

Hi Jessica, welcome to Jpay, this has helped me a lot since Dave has been locked up and I know it will help you also. Every one here is great and has awesome advise. You will be so glad you signed up. Youknow Dave and you know that if he didn't truely believe in Keith he would not have told you about him.. And you are welcome.

Thanks Mom. And i know its just weird meeting someone with out actualy meeting them. I know alot of good relationships and marrages come from meeting people this way. I hope this can be one of them. And im sure Keith really is a good man and i cant wait to meet him in a few months.

Super Moderator

Hello Jessica and Welcome to the JPay Forum! Glad to have you here!
    Mrs. Hernandez

My Husband is Finally Home 3/5/13 amor de mi vida <3

Veteran Member

Welcome to Jpay Jessica! We are glad to have you and your mom here !
    I'm sure your mom and her soon to be hubby want the best for you and I say give it a try .
    Love is not only for the good times but also for the bad.

Mrs. Rivera

Veteran Member

Welcome to the Jpay site
    The Bible...read it to be wise, believe it to be saved and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you. Chist is its grand subject. Our good is its design.The glory of God is its end. Read it slowly. Read it often. Read it prayerfully.
    Praise the Lord it's another day with out him but a day closer for him to be home

Thanks everyone

Veteran Member

Welcome to J-pay

Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum! I met my husband after he was already in prison. Didn't see him for six months after meeting him but we wrote just about everyday and then talked on the phone. I was worried also about if it would change once we met face to face and that first visit was awesome. We both sat down in front of one another and both started laughing. Now he is my hubby and I couldn't be happier! Good luck and regardless, at least you've made a new friend.
    Home since March 20, 2014.....

Veteran Member

Welcome to the J-Pay Family

Veteran Member

I met my Hubby thru a friend and then we became pen pals. I then got on his visitor list as Clergy visits. He got transferred to another facility and my friend and i couldn't see each other as he got caught with contraband and visits are gone for 2 years. He told me that I should go meet Brian, so i did, We hit it off immedialtly and our visits ot personal and I took myself off as clergy and our lives has zoomed forwrd in love. There are good men in there and there are bad. I think you're gonna be ok since your Mom and her fiancee got you together. He can put you on his visitor list as a friend if you're not on anyone elses in Mi. already. if you are and you wanna change to his, just take your name off the other with a written request to the prison . You can only be n one visitors list for the state. Good luck and we're all here for ya. TC&GB

Veteran Member

Welcome to JPAY!
    He's home :-)

Veteran Member

Welcome to Jpay. I to met my now hubby in as well. I met him through my son. We talked and did letters for three years off and on. In 2010 I went to go visit my son that's when I saw him for the first time. We started writing as friends and it blossomed into love. BUT it took him a whole year to get me to let down my guards. His mom and I became friends and I've met his family. Who by the way likes me. Anyway I'd ride with his mom to visit my son and D. and I have kissed, hugged, and helded hands. I have a few friends that's CO's at the same unit so they would turn their heads, so that we could do whatever. Today we are husband and wife. This life is not for everyone, you have to be strong and dedicated, focus, and alert. If you have low self esteem and he's rotten he'll know it. Go with your instinctive thoughts and that gut feeling that we get at times. Hope he's someone special that's entered your life. You will know in time as the two of you get to know each other.

Help, im new to all this & frankly DONT understand how, what, why, etc??????BUT JPay seems to be the only thing that has made it a bet easier...

Welcome Jessica and welcome to your mom. I think you will know what to do when the time is right to decide. My husband and I knew one another when we were teenagers because our older sisters were best friends in high school. But we never dated back then. He is one year younger than I am. But I begin to write to him as a friend and things went from there. We took things slow just someone stated before. I have never been involved with someone that has been in trouble. He is a fascinating and intelligent man and I enjoy speaking with him and spending time with him every week. You will know what is right for you. Sometimes the men in prison do play on women's vulnerabilities but if he is a good guy, you will know. It is not easy and many people who are not in this situation will not understand the things that you are going through. This is where this forum comes in. We are all going through the same struggle but in different ways. But we are all here to listen when you want to vent, express the joys and trials of being involved with someone who is incarcerated. No judgements! On some days when you are strong, you can help others who may be feeling weak. We are all here to provide support to one another. So welcome to JPay and i look forward to hearing how things unfold for you two.

Hello Jessica and welcome to the forums!

Veteran Member

Welcome to the jpay forums!!

Veteran Member

Welcome to Jpay!

thanks everyone. as you can see in my other post we have been talking on the phone every day he is such a sweet man and i can not wait to meet him in June. Thanks again

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information