+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Marrying an inmate

Hello my name is marie and I have a fianc? who is serving a 27 year sentence and has 22 left. Even though its already been 5 years I am new to this. I just wanted to know if there is anyone who has married someone while they were in prison and for so long?

Veteran Member

I married my husband last September and he has only served 7 years of a 30 year sentence, I know it will not be easy but I love him so I am here for the full trip, you can do it just follow your heart and welcome to J-pay

Veteran Member

Welcome to Jpay.
    Mary Lewis-Mosqueda
    Houston, TX

Welcome here!

- Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer - Romans 12-12

welcome to jpay
    There Are A Million Things In The World I Want,But All I Need Is You...8/12/2012 the day 2 souls became one..I am OFFICIALLY Mrs.Williams

How long was the whole process from start to finish? Which prison is your husband in? will they let him wear a wedding bands? Sorry I have alt of questions!!!

Veteran Member

my husband is in Ramsey unit and no he can't have a wedding band, he can only have what he went in with, the process took about 3 months the paper work was the problem with me living overseas but ask anything we are all here to help each other

Hi Marie...I'm new to this too. I'm marrying my fiance this year. We have alot of things to work thru first, but we are on the path of uniting as one. I do not have any support in my decision because he is a long term offender too and I feel like I have no one to talk to about it so I'm very glad to have found this support group websites. With so much negativity from people, it makes it harder for me to be happy with my decision but I'm doing it regardless. We have children together as well and we have had ups and downs but we love each other and that's what matters. It will be hard, but we will get thru it. He is in his first year of a 30 yr sentence but we are praying for an appeal to make it shorter.
    "Distance is only in the mind...not in your heart."

Wow, reading the replies to this post is a little overwhelming. I married my wife while she was in county before I knew how much time she would get. I had an idea. I'm no stranger to the life. I did time myself and my then wife left me in about the third year. My spouse got 10 years which was about what I expected and we have done almost 7 and 1/2 of that. It has been a tough ride and we even divorced once, but are now remarried.
    My experience is get used to living alone, make friends in your church or whatever group you hang with and stay busy. It isn't easy but a certain peace can be attained and maintained. I have also learned that if I get friendly with the opposite sex, just for a little company sometimes, it usually deteriorates to "lets have a romp.' I've recovered from that but I won't do it again. I love my woman and I want her to come home to a place of peace and stability. She deserves that and so do I.
    God be with you.

Veteran Member

Congrats
    Quote Originally Posted by charles's angel View Post
    i married my husband last september and he has only served 7 years of a 30 year sentence, i know it will not be easy but i love him so i am here for the full trip, you can do it just follow your heart and welcome to j-pay
    AS THE FIGHT GETS HARDER, I GET TOUGHER!!!!

Veteran Member

Welcome to Jpay
    Quote Originally Posted by BlessedMe View Post
    Hello my name is marie and I have a fianc? who is serving a 27 year sentence and has 22 left. Even though its already been 5 years I am new to this. I just wanted to know if there is anyone who has married someone while they were in prison and for so long?
    AS THE FIGHT GETS HARDER, I GET TOUGHER!!!!

I married mine by proxy 2/14 of this year cause his unit would not give us approval. He has 6 yrs of a 20 yr sentence. I have called the unit again this morning trying to get visitation. Pray I do.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information