+ Reply to Thread

Default Texas prison early releases?

My son is in a Texas prison and heard that they may be releasing some people early due to overcrowding. Has anyone else heard this as well?

Veteran Member

Being my man is in a Texas prison and currently up for parole on a nonviolent drug charge, I really really hope that's not just wishful gossip but based on some reality. If anyone finds anything to substantiate this, please post a link!

I have posted this in another thread but here goes, they are releasing nonviolent criminals with a history of drug abuse on their first or second parole hearing, when they usually wouldn't on the condition of a 4 month lock down rehab facility, from there they will have to go to a rehab type half way house for three months, but this will be in their hometown and most of these facilities let them out after thirty days during the day to look for a job/work. Now, if they have already been to a rehab facility state ordered, I believe that decreases their chances of getting it. But Texas is super strict on violent offenders, they never get any slack.

Wow... That could be good news. my freind.. well one i dated is in boyd unit in teague tx. And they say.. his first parole meetin is sept. hes in on drug charghes .i hope he gets out. on his first one.he already served 4 years... and has attended everything and great behavioer
    Posted via Mobile Device

My brother is up for parole July 5, 2010. And is on drug charges. We have heard on our local news that they are releasing within regions. Does anyone know how to find out the regions. He is down south and we are in the texas panhandle.

Veteran Member

They mean they are doing regional releases of people who are scheduled to get out. The inmates no longer will have to go to The Walls to be released. There are six regions in TDCJ and have announced four units so far. This has nothing to do with early releasing anyone. There are no plans to do that.
    Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about.

Veteran Member

My roomie's husband who is at polusnky unit has said they are seeing people up to four months in advance and letting some of them go early.
    I wanna thank you in advance for a beautiful life
    & tell you how happy I am just to be your wife
    You're my rock you know your my confidence
    Got that S on your chest because your my superman

Quote Originally Posted by EJH222 View Post
    They mean they are doing regional releases of people who are scheduled to get out. The inmates no longer will have to go to The Walls to be released. There are six regions in TDCJ and have announced four units so far. This has nothing to do with early releasing anyone. There are no plans to do that.
    Which four units have they announced? I heard it is the older units.
    Forever Mine and Eternally Yours

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Girl View Post
    Which four units have they announced? I heard it is the older units.
    Region I - The Walls, Huntsville
    Region IV - McConnell, Beeville
    Region V - Clements, Amarillo
    Region VI - Robertson, Abilene

No word yet on Regions II and III. My man is at Leblanc in Beaumont which is Region III and the rumor there is they will be a release unit but no one has said it will be yet.

Default Miss Connie

I'm new at this.

My son is still In the Allred Unit. He is supposed to be released in August but
    he still has to go through a 3 month education class in Dayton Tx. He hasn't been transferred yet. I'm wondering if he will have to stay in longer since August is only 2 months away.

Veteran Member

If he is being released on parole and the class is a requirement of parole he will have to complete the program before he gets out. After he completes the program it will still take several weeks before you get a release date.

Hello, my name is Kay and my son-in-law is in Burnet for Rehabilitation, SAFPA. We are from Louisiana, and I don't know how to get information. I heard from another family member that he was going to a hearing on the 8th or 9th. His grandmother told me it was a parole hearing and that he might be getting out. I have sent him money from time to time, but I have not done the phone time because it is so expensive. Will he be able to call us if he is released? Will he have to go to a Texas half-way house or will he be allowed to return here to work? So many questions I don't know where to start?

Veteran Member

welcome to jpay
    GOD IS SHIFTING THE ATMOSPHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cute Graphics

Quote Originally Posted by KayTBugg View Post
    Hello, my name is Kay and my son-in-law is in Burnet for Rehabilitation, SAFPA. We are from Louisiana, and I don't know how to get information. I heard from another family member that he was going to a hearing on the 8th or 9th. His grandmother told me it was a parole hearing and that he might be getting out. I have sent him money from time to time, but I have not done the phone time because it is so expensive. Will he be able to call us if he is released? Will he have to go to a Texas half-way house or will he be allowed to return here to work? So many questions I don't know where to start?
    Call the SAFP he is at & they can help you. Welcome to jpay. Scarlett
    Scarlett

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information