+ Reply to Thread

Default jpay emails; how do we know our friends/loved ones are receiving them?

Hi everyone, I have been writing to a dear friend in a Michigan prison using jpay since the beginning of September. As everyone knows, we need to 'purchase stamps' to send an email letter. How do we know for sure our friend/loved one is actually receiving it? I have written everyday for almost 2 weeks and yesterday my inmate friend sent his sister a letter via snail mail and asked his friends and family to send letters for him to his sister, and his sister will forward the letters to him. I told his sister 'I have been writing him using jpay'. And she replied, 'I have, too, but I'm not so sure he has received them'. Now if our loved ones are not receiving our jpay emails, that is outrageous for several reasons - we are paying for this service.

Is there a way we can verify that our inmate friend/loved one has received the jpay email? Thanks for any help.

peachroses

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by peachroses View Post
    Hi everyone, I have been writing to a dear friend in a Michigan prison using jpay since the beginning of September. As everyone knows, we need to 'purchase stamps' to send an email letter. How do we know for sure our friend/loved one is actually receiving it? I have written everyday for almost 2 weeks and yesterday my inmate friend sent his sister a letter via snail mail and asked his friends and family to send letters for him to his sister, and his sister will forward the letters to him. I told his sister 'I have been writing him using jpay'. And she replied, 'I have, too, but I'm not so sure he has received them'. Now if our loved ones are not receiving our jpay emails, that is outrageous for several reasons - we are paying for this service.

Is there a way we can verify that our inmate friend/loved one has received the jpay email? Thanks for any help.

peachroses
    girl do not get me started about jpay emails..........i have sent my husband numerous ones and he says he has not gotten them.........they have deducted the stamps and i am tired of getting the run around. i have called cotton facilty and jpay and no ones helping me.........good luck
    GOD IS SHIFTING THE ATMOSPHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cute Graphics

Thank you very much for your reply, godislove52. I am outraged that someone would take our money and yet not honor that request. That is illegal in itself. I'm going to try to think of someone to call to complain. I don't know who to call, but I might even call the stinkin' prison and tell them it is ILLEGAL to NOT give the inmates what is theirs, what has been bought and paid for, and it is a way to keep in touch with these poor guys who are locked up. THE WARDEN should be locked up if he is letting this travesty continue. I am furious.

Quote Originally Posted by godislove52 View Post
    girl do not get me started about jpay emails..........i have sent my husband numerous ones and he says he has not gotten them.........they have deducted the stamps and i am tired of getting the run around. i have called cotton facilty and jpay and no ones helping me.........good luck
    OMG you too.. Cotton Sucks for Jpay emails!! We thought that they were just messing around with my friend because I also send emails to one of his friends in there and it goes quickly. I have called, he has filed grievances but nothing seems to change. I just got an email yesterday from 8/24!! Ughh.. I get so frustrated with them.

Veteran Member

WELL!! I was thinking of sending emails to my man thru Jpay but maybe I won't. Snail mail is better than nothing I guess

My son is in Gus Harrison and, so far, he has received all the jpay emails I have sent him; usually the next day if I send it early enough. Someone there prints them off and gives them to him. Maybe it depends on the facility? Where is he at?

Default jpay

my husband and i have used jpay for almost 2 months now...everything was going fine then he informed me that he's been unable to use to kiosk for over 5 days...still no word from him yet...idk...i think he'd rather get a good old fashion letter from his wife than a txt....this service is great for immediate answers(when it works)....the kids especially love this service to talk w their dad instead of snail mail.....i guess whatever works best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by dereks-mom View Post
    My son is in Gus Harrison and, so far, he has received all the jpay emails I have sent him; usually the next day if I send it early enough. Someone there prints them off and gives them to him. Maybe it depends on the facility? Where is he at?
    My friend is at Marquette Branch Prison. I'm glad your son receives your jpay emails. Has anyone else had problems with their friend/loved one receiving jpay emails at Marquette? A part of me really wants to complain to the warden, etc., but another part of me says that if I create a fuss over this, I don't ever, EVER want anyone to take it out on my friend. If the facility is uncaring enough to not give the inmates their jpay emails, then they could possibly be uncaring enough to cause trouble for them. yikes!

My husband is in Coffield Unit in Texas and he receives my JPay the very next day. I have used the service since the beginning of the year and we never have had a problem. I have had more problems from snail mail!!

Quote Originally Posted by peachroses View Post
    My friend is at Marquette Branch Prison. I'm glad your son receives your jpay emails. Has anyone else had problems with their friend/loved one receiving jpay emails at Marquette? A part of me really wants to complain to the warden, etc., but another part of me says that if I create a fuss over this, I don't ever, EVER want anyone to take it out on my friend. If the facility is uncaring enough to not give the inmates their jpay emails, then they could possibly be uncaring enough to cause trouble for them. yikes!
    If Marquette has jpay kiosks/terminals, then it is up to the inmate to log on and check his jpay emails/messages (and they can also reply back to you).

If Marquette does NOT have the kiosks, then (as mentioned by another person) the prison prints out the emails and give the inmate a copy.

There aren't that many of the prisons that have the kiosks right now....the majority do the printouts.

Call and check at Marquette to see which way they do it. You should ALWAYS call and ASK as opposed to calling and COMPLAINING the first time you have a question or issue. The staff are much more receptive to that. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by TwainsDad; 09-14-2011 at 10:54 PM.
    ~Antwain's Dad

Oh I have NO doubt that the system works greatly. When he was at another facility he would receive everything the very next day. Sometimes if u sent it early enough he would get it the same day. Jpay tells me that its not their system but the mailroom at the facility to send the letters through. I dont care who it is, it just needs to get done!

Quote Originally Posted by TwainsDad View Post
    If Marquette has jpay kiosks/terminals, then it is up to the inmate to log on and check his jpay emails/messages (and they can also reply back to you).

If Marquette does NOT have the kiosks, then (as mentioned by another person) the prison prints out the emails and give the inmate a copy.

There aren't that many of the prisons that have the kiosks right now....the majority do the printouts.

Call and check at Marquette to see which way they do it. You should ALWAYS call and ASK as opposed to calling and COMPLAINING the first time you have a question or issue. The staff are much more receptive to that. Hope this helps.
    Thank you so much for your wise answer. I appreciate it. Please excuse my ignorance, but what is a 'kiosk'? I have no idea whatsoever that is. I have a feeling my friend is not able to log onto a computer to check his jpay emails.
    peachroses

When my man was at Chippewa he recieve his jpay the next day they pass it out with the mail the guys recieve daily , Now he is at mound I just wrote a letter yesterday threw jpay so I will see how they get their letters at mound he said they do not recieve their mail about 7:00 in the evening so I go see him friday so we will see how prompt they are at mound boy I have my fingers cross , it is a shame all the prison do not work the same it is just a mess and they are soooo lazy do not want to do their jobs whats sooo hard everything is a process , well so sorry some of u are having problems I know we all luv our family & friends and they have to put up with the BS in there well goodluck to everyone ..........SISTALUV ..........
    Posted via Mobile Device

Right now the only facilities that have the kiosks are the four in Jackson. They are basically a little screen and a keyboard. They can send and receive their jpays and check their account balance on them. It is a directive that was done under Granholm that all facilities receive the kiosks. That was done well over a year ago so who knows what they are doing about the other facilities getting them.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by francespaulene View Post
    Right now the only facilities that have the kiosks are the four in Jackson. They are basically a little screen and a keyboard. They can send and receive their jpays and check their account balance on them. It is a directive that was done under Granholm that all facilities receive the kiosks. That was done well over a year ago so who knows what they are doing about the other facilities getting them.
    Thanks for that information, francespaulene. That is helpful to know. I have started to write my friend snail mail letters in addition to the jpay emails because the most important thing is that he receives contact from the outside world, and that we share hopeful, kind, genuine things with him. I hardly know how to do this, but by george, I'm gonna try until I get it right!!

i send jpay emails to bf in the oaks and he fets them within 48 hours and he got them when he was in jackson. i always ask him if he got them and he tells me yes but he cant email me back intil he gets to block 7 he is just in block 3 now

Quote Originally Posted by stacey71 View Post
    i send jpay emails to bf in the oaks and he fets them within 48 hours and he got them when he was in jackson. i always ask him if he got them and he tells me yes but he cant email me back intil he gets to block 7 he is just in block 3 now
    Hope he gets to block 3 soon so you can hear from him! :-)

Veteran Member

I have heard good things and bad things about JPay emails. But i decided to chance it, I sent one last night and he's already gotten it. Much better than snail mail.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information