+ Reply to Thread

Smile Visiting by former employees

I was just curious if anyone was a DOC previous employee and was able to get approved to see offenders. Yes we met while I worked there, though our relationship did not occur while I worked there.
    Thank you for any information.

hotT'ssnowbaby

I wasn't an acutal employee but worked through an agency however they still had me on gatelock when I left so I had to get special approval to visit a friend who was incarcerated at the same prison, but yes the super approved it, but I wasn't requesting to see an offender I met while working there it makes a difference, and it was several years after I left the prison.
    For the most part, they do not allow an ex employee to visit the same prison they worked at to visit an offender they met while working there...Good luck

No he has since moved to another facility. I am just want to visit him.
    Thank you =)

There are typically rules spelled out on the website for the facility but you can call and ask.. and I think that a year waiting time.. is one criteria that they use but each facility will be different... and I do think it is different if the person wasn't there when you worked there... Sandi

hotT'ssnowbaby

Quote Originally Posted by InJoyAndSorrow View Post
    No he has since moved to another facility. I am just want to visit him.
    Thank you =)
    If he's at a different prison than the one you worked at then you might have a chance after the amount of time per IDOC policy, can't remember but you could check your employee info it would have it.
    You would still have to get special permission of the prison he is currently at, good luck.

I my self have never worked for a prison but I know it depends on what state you are in. I saw a documentary on this and in one case they weren’t even allowed to talk on the phone they can only write. I think your best bet is to call and ask and to look on their web site.

One of my friends went thorough this. She met a dude she was with while she was working at a prison. he got transferred and got on his list. she did get to see him once then the next time she was gatelocked but she did get put on the visiting list after the year. if he is not at the prison you worked at you should be able to see him .

I am an employee at a prison, and just had my best friend transfered to the same facility. I asked about the visitation, and of course i can never seee him as long as i work there, but was told that if i leave then i can see him, after a year.

hotT'ssnowbaby

Quote Originally Posted by always a friend View Post
    I am an employee at a prison, and just had my best friend transfered to the same facility. I asked about the visitation, and of course i can never seee him as long as i work there, but was told that if i leave then i can see him, after a year.
    The policy says you can be approved after a year, however you have to have permission from the superindentent and they rarely ever approve it after only one year, I know a person who had to wait 5 before they would finally apporve it...

Girl I'm going threw the same problem. I met my man while working at a prison, its messed up i know but when its meant to be its meant to be. I have also heard 1yr wait but I can only hope he gets transfered. If your man was already transfered you should b able to visit in a yr. Good luck with it all

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information