+ Reply to Thread
    Veteran Member

Default new castle annex

Does anyone know anything about this new facility? My bf told me yesterday that it is not run by the d.o.c. but by a g.o. something. He hasn't been through his orientation yet. He does know that visits are through a monitor. I am not sure if it is just one day a week or several. Any info on this place would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance.

Super Moderator

Is it run by the Geo Corporation maybe? They are a large corporation and run several private facilities all over the U.S. - the last unit my husband was at here in Texas was run by Geo....they had heating, A.C. and the unit was nice and the food was pretty good - it was much different than any of the Units he had been to during both of his incarcerations.......the CO's didn't wear the regular TDC uniforms, they wore khaki Geo Uniforms and the guys wore navy blue instead of the usual TDC white.
    Mrs. Hernandez

My Husband is Finally Home 3/5/13 amor de mi vida <3

Veteran Member

This sounds promising. I hope it turns out to be good here in Indiana too. Thanks for your help.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by berzizsyd View Post
    This sounds promising. I hope it turns out to be good here in Indiana too. Thanks for your help.
    I hope so too! All in all it was not a bad place at all....much different than regular TDC units that's for sure. You are very welcome
    Mrs. Hernandez

My Husband is Finally Home 3/5/13 amor de mi vida <3

it's not a brand new facility. it's been open for a few years. my boyfriend was there. it is run by GEO. they have a level 1 building ("outside the fence" is the way they talk about level 1) and there are all the dorms inside the fence. level one has visitations on tuesday and thursday evenings and every other saturday. the dorms inside the fence depend on where they are at. my boyfriend was in "k" dorm and i could visit monday, tuesday, thursday, or friday from 8am-3pm (could be there for as long as you wanted) and on every other saturday for 2 hours. these visits were not through a video visitation. these were contact visits.

if this is where your loved one is going, when he gets there they should go over all of this with him and when he gets to his dorm, the guys in there will be able to let him know when visits are and things like this.
    "i just wanna wrap you up, wanna kiss your lips, i wanna make you feel wanted. wanna call you mine, wanna hold your hand forever and never let you forget it, i wanna make you feel wanted"

Never heard it called Annex before, but my Buddy is there, in the level 1 facility. I can only visit Tues. or Thurs. or every other weekend, every 14 days for two hours. It is a nice facility. It is ran by GEO, and really it is not a bad place. Buddy has been there since Nov. 20th. He is getting time cuts, they get to go outside once a day for an hour, morning on one day and afternoon on the other, they just got a new schedule for summer. If you want to know anything else just holler. It takes roughly two weeks to get visit approval and phone approval, could be shorter or longer, but not always. 2 weeks is average. Let me know if you need to know more. I'm heading for a visit this evening Have a great day!

Jo
    The best thing in life is finding someone who knows your flaws, mistakes, and weaknesses, but still thinks you are completely amazing

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information