+ Reply to Thread

Thread: icare packages

Default icare packages

For those of you who might be interested, there is a website for us to send packages to our loved ones. Go to www.icarearamark.com and create an account. IDOC is adding new facilities every month, so if your facility is not listed yet, keep checking. But, they have about 7 different packages currently, and sometimes run specials. You can only send one package a week. Just thought I would share the info!!! Happy shopping!
    Last edited by TexasDust; 02-23-2010 at 06:44 PM.

Cheryl's words of wisdom:
    Never let someone be your priority if they dialin YOUR phone callin you some other "chicas" name

Thumbs down

Now the Care packages thing seems to be a good ting, BUT IT'S NOT!

All I can say to this iCare package is BOHICA!

(Bend over here it comes again)

WE ARE GETTING PRICE GOUGED Like you wouldn't believe!

Here are the prices for the above items through Commissary at Rockville (My GF sent me copies of their commissary sheets)

$0.79 for 1 Legal Pad (50sheets)
    $0.79 for 1 Sketch Pad (50 sheets)
    $0.56 for 1 Bic Pen (Black)
    $0.09 for 1 Pencil (#2)
    $4.40 for 1 book of stamps
    $1.28 for 50 envelopes (Size #10)
    $0.15 for 1 Manila Envelope (9 x 12)

So by going by iCare's list for the stationary pack which is $24.99:

Legal Pad - 50 sheet (2)
    Sketch Pad (2)
    Pen (Blue) or Pencil (2)
    Stamped Envelopes (10)
    Manila Envelopes 9 x 12 (2)

The Inmates at Rockville can get the same items in the stationary pack for $ 10.26, that's $14.73 LESS if they order the items through their inmate commissary.

People if you don't believe me, ask your loved one to send copies of their commissary sheets and when you get them, sit down and figure out HOW MUCH MORE you are paying for these iCare packages than what your Loved one can order the same stuff through their commissary.

My GF begged me to send her one of these iCare packages and I told her NO FREAKING WAY! And when I explained why, using the above example, to her and she agreed with me and told me If I do send her one of these packages that she'd shove her foot in my ares when she got out.

I'm not buying into this:

Especially with the way the economy is today. It's bad enough that we have to pay the high prices from the vending machines, when we go to visit our loved ones, and the high price of some of the commissary items for the amount you get. Not to mention the high fees for phone calls.

I'm willing to bet that someone in IDOC is getting a kickback from all of this.

Ya know what, I talked to my fiance last night and told him what all were in the packages. He about flipped his lid when I started telling him how much the stuff was. He said don't send me any of that ****, i can get it here way cheaper. So, nix the idea of sending him a package!!! Figures, I would find out after I posted my amazing discovery!

Never let someone be your priority if they dialin YOUR phone callin you some other "chicas" name

I too looked at these special packages alothough it might be nice to get something different the cost is crazy. You would think they would make them cheaper so they would get more business. I dont get it they rob you anyway you can/ ANd we are the ones out here by ourselfves trying to just stay afloat!!

Over the rainbow waiting on the carebears

This is so ridiculous! My bf told me about the icare the same day they pasted the flyer out so i looked it up for him and told him what is on there and how much. He was about to fly through the phone lol. I rather put money on his books so he can buy commisary. Aramark is robbing ppl with this care package nonsense!
    No matter who or what we are , we must praise!

hotT'ssnowbaby

My guy told me from the get-go NOT to send him one of those packages, that he would rather order what he wants in what ever quantities he wants than receiving a "package" so we didn't buy into the hype...

has anybody ordered from this icare place and had any problems with their loved 1 receiving the package? i ordered a package like 2 weeks ago and my man still hasn't received it

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by cinabunnz1 View Post
    has anybody ordered from this icare place and had any problems with their loved 1 receiving the package? i ordered a package like 2 weeks ago and my man still hasn't received it
    I ordered one package that took two weeks to get to my guy. He'll get it sweetie, it just takes a while.

As far as everything else, yes, it is a lot cheaper to buy things off of their commissary, but the chocholate which my guy craves is not on the commissary list, so that's what I purchase for him. Chocolate Lovers package. Worth it to hear the happiness in his voice as he's eating his fill of chocolate! LOL
    Last edited by indylissa; 03-11-2010 at 09:45 AM.

Good day everyone, I am wanting to send a package to my niece in Rockville, Ind. but am wondering about not to, due to all the negativity about this site aramark, someone please fill me in on this????
    Thanks, joe

Quote Originally Posted by joejoe59 View Post
    Good day everyone, I am wanting to send a package to my niece in Rockville, Ind. but am wondering about not to, due to all the negativity about this site aramark, someone please fill me in on this????
    Thanks, joe
    From what my honey told me, he said not to send the stationary one for sure cause he can get all that in the commissary for cheaper. I think the only one's he said that would be good was the chocolate one or the cookie one. But that was for him. I do know that most of the stuff they can get in comissary. So, if you send her money, I would just do that and she can get what she wants or needs.

Quote Originally Posted by joejoe59 View Post
    Thanks, joe

Joe, ask your niece to send you copies of her commissary sheets, they are allowed to because my GF has sent me copies, you'll see how much iCare is over charging. I compared the prices of the iCare packages to what is on their commissary sheets and the iCare is a BIG rip off. It's be like going to McDonald's, ordering a Mc Double (that cost $ .99) and you get charged $6 for it.

I've told my GF about the price gouging and she told me that she'd kick my **** if I ever sent her one of those packages, she said just to order her a book or two from Barnes an Noble or get her a magazine subscription or send her some extra money if I want to surprise her with a gift and she'll get it off commissary.

Quote Originally Posted by indylissa View Post
    I ordered one package that took two weeks to get to my guy. He'll get it sweetie, it just takes a while.

As far as everything else, yes, it is a lot cheaper to buy things off of their commissary, but the chocholate which my guy craves is not on the commissary list, so that's what I purchase for him. Chocolate Lovers package. Worth it to hear the happiness in his voice as he's eating his fill of chocolate! LOL
    lol i dont even care about the cost of the packages i care that i ordered it on feb, 28 and its almost march 23 and he hasnt received it yet. i know who wont be using icare ever again i will just continue to send money thru jpay and he get what he needs himself

Quote Originally Posted by cinabunnz1 View Post
    lol i dont even care about the cost of the packages i care that i ordered it on feb, 28 and its almost march 23 and he hasnt received it yet. i know who wont be using icare ever again i will just continue to send money thru jpay and he get what he needs himself
    This might not be what happened with your situation, but where my fiance is, they only get comm. delivered every two weeks. And I know that's when they deliver the packages. Just a thought. But is there anyone that you can call at Icare? I'm sorry I even posted this thread in the first place! That's what I get for not doing the proper homework!! Sorry Jpay fam!!

Quote Originally Posted by ccaajj3 View Post
    I'm sorry I even posted this thread in the first place! That's what I get for not doing the proper homework!! Sorry Jpay fam!!
    It's not spam and don't be sorry about posting this. Some people can afford to send iCare packages to their loved ones and stuff the pockets of those people in IDOC that get kickbacks from this stuff.

I'm also at the point where I'm going to have to stop sending my G/F any money at all for commissary. It seems that since they changed the menu in the chow hall to the "Oh so freaking good for you and better for our budget because it's a whole lot cheaper" Soy substitute meat products, my G/F now is on a special "Medical" diet because her stomach could not tolerate all that Soy crap and now she has an ulcer and has to have weekly visits to the medical center where she is at.

IDOC takes $10.00 off her books every week for the visit and meds she now has to take because of that damn Soy crap.
    ($5.00 for the visit and $5.00 for the meds)

Thank god she'll be out of there by Christmas of this year (provided they don't screw with her time cuts for CLIFF and her Associates degree)

(My Ticker date is wrong and I'm too lazy to change it!)
    Last edited by MJD-NRP-6885; 03-23-2010 at 11:28 PM.

Thank you for that info

My husband called last week and asked me to look online at this site to see what they offered and when I told him the prices and what they actually gave you in the package, it was a definite no for us. But I can understand people wanting their chocolate or cookie fix. I just wish someone would come up with a better deal and selection on these packages.

I sent my son the best package they had and he said he can get everything cheaper from commissary. Sooooooo all we are doing is paying a middle man. I instead signed him up in a book club and I send money for commissary.

The packages are sent based on when they do commisary. I know it sounds stupid, but that's what they do.. I just orded 2 packages for my cousin who is locked up in Pendleton and even though I ordered them before his commisary day, he wont get it until the next one two weeks from now.. There is also a part on the website that tells you when each prison gets their commisary.

Do you know if you have to be on the visitation list to send icare packages? I know its a rip off but it seems like one one the quickest ways to get basic hygiene to them. I cannot use JPAY yet because we are not on the visitation list yet and it is too late for him to order this week. My son ordered at RDC but was moved before he received his commissary. Any information is useful. Thanks for your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by MaSimmons View Post
    Do you know if you have to be on the visitation list to send icare packages? I know its a rip off but it seems like one one the quickest ways to get basic hygiene to them. I cannot use JPAY yet because we are not on the visitation list yet and it is too late for him to order this week. My son ordered at RDC but was moved before he received his commissary. Any information is useful. Thanks for your thoughts.
    As far as I know you do not have to be on the visitation list to send an icare package. Also, the icare packages are delivered when commissary is delivered. Good luck!

does anybody know if you have to fillout new visitation forms again, this is my son second time at westville i was on his list already but since he is back again do i have to redo visitation forms???

Quote Originally Posted by ladystar View Post
    does anybody know if you have to fillout new visitation forms again, this is my son second time at westville i was on his list already but since he is back again do i have to redo visitation forms???
    You will have to go through the whole process again. They will have to re-check your background, so you will need to send in the forms again. I know the wait sucks, but you do what you gotta do right?

Hey lady fyi on the side of the menu the facilities are listed if they have a star beside them they only get delivered every 2 weeks and they have cut off dates for the order so just look at your guys facility and see. I know its expensive but it doesnt cut into their comm so they can still spend their limit if they have to!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information