+ Reply to Thread

Question Any one know about the Plainfield STOP facility?

Ladies, I need some info. Does any one know anything about the STOP facility in Plainfield? Short Term Offender Program. I got a letter yesterday and Tim is miserable. He called the place a dump etc. Of course he had only been there a day when he wrote the letter but says he would give anything to go back to Miami. I thought that going to a level one facility things would be better but I guess not. I tried to look it up on the IDOC website but got very little information.

Cus I'm the "good" Angel on his shoulder

Veteran Member

Dang how did I not realize you got a letter from him already. I must've missed you talking about the other night. Damn that really sucks he's not happy there. Hopefully, he'll settle in and be okay. I know the guys at Miami in the G-dorm sure miss him. Trev just asked today if you had heard anything. Guess you and I need to catch up about this.
    Standing by someone you care about is what it's all about....standing by you till the end!

Here is what I have learned about the STOP facility in Plainfield, IN.
    1. It is run by a contractor
    2. They can receive Jpay emails but cannot send them
    3. They use the same guidelines as other level one facilities as far as visitation etc

Cus I'm the "good" Angel on his shoulder

Thumbs up STOP program

As of 8/01/2011 I was released from the S.T.O.P program. i have been at a lot of other facilitys in the I.D.O.C. in contrast the STOP is a summer camp!! The inmates can get time cuts fast 30days for 3weeks of class & 90 days for 9 weeks depending on EPRD. The dorms are clean and look new but the bunks are only 2-1/2 feet apart. It is a new program so it has some things to be figgered out yet. Inmates are requard to go to at least 2-1/2 houers of rec,work and class 5 days a week. 3 rec times a day lots of wondering room if you would like to know more Email me chopsdotcom@yahoo.com PS food sucks but that is "airmark"
    "CHOPS"

Hi There,
    I've been learning about the Short Term Offender Program (STOP Facility) in Plainfield, IN. They have a website with brief information here: http://www.thegeogroupinc.com/facility.asp?fid=199 the facility is for offeners with 1 year or less remaining on their time. The facility is designed to help through schooling and a different way of thinking, called "Thinkinking for a Change" to help offenders return to the outside life and hopefully not return to prison life. While at STOP Facility, offenders CAN have visitors, use phones, send letters, receive mail, etc. Its a facility for them to finish out their last 365 days (or less).

hi my husband is in there right know. the prison is set up for inmates who have a yr or less to finish out. it also has them go to classes the get rec outside and inside. they can get time cut for going to classes. its kinda like a rehabilitation center for those trying to better themselves. but its not thta bad my husband said its clean kewl guards kinda good food but they can write you they can receive certain type of email and the visitaions there arint so bad either.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information