I am looking for some information on the Indiana State Prison Minimum Security Unit in Michigan City Indiana. According to the offender locator, my husband was transferred there from the R.D.C. (Reception Diagnostic Center) last week. I have not heard anything from him since then, and I have several questions.
1. He did have money on commisary in the County Jail before transferring over to R.D.C and then to Indiana State. I was told from the County Jail that his money would transfer from them, to R.D.C...and then finally to whatever prison he was going to be sent to. Does anyone know how long it takes for the funds to transfer?
2. He wrote me 2 letters while at R.D.C. which I did reply to, however I am assuming that he did not get them because I never heard back, and was also wondering if they were even abe to recieve return mail in that facility.
3. I set up a phone account for him to place calls using "CORRECTIONAL BILLING SERVICES". Was this the correct company to use for Indiana State Prison?
4. I wanted to send him money using the J-Pay System, however was unable to locate him in the sytem, because I only have the DOC # that he was using to write to me while in R.D.C. When I type that number DOC # into the J-Pay System, another inmate's name is showing up. I am assuming that the Indiana DOC # is not the same as the inmate number??
5. Does anyne know anything about this facility (Indiana State Minimum Security Unit)? Is it a ruff place?
I am just a little lost here, and very confused on how all of this works.
This is all new to me, and I am very worried.
If anone is willing to shed some light on these issues for me, I would appreciate it.
Thanks so much in Advance!!