+ Reply to Thread

Default Inmates Visiting List? HELP PLEASE ASAP

Hello Jpay Family

Can you be on more than one Inmates Visiting List? I'm currently on my brothers listand I'm trying to visit my fiance' but before I send my visiting form in I want to know if it will automatically deny me. I know on the form it asks if you are on another inmates list ? Also my fiance' said that one of the counselors at Westville Correctional told him that people can only be on one list. HELP PLEASE ASAP

Veteran Member

If your brother and man are in the same state then you might not be able to be on both of their visiting list. I had heard somewhere that they will make exceptions for immediate family members but I'm not sure how true that is. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    I AM COMPLETELY COVERED IN YOUR LOVE AND I WILL NEVER GIVE IT UP.

Ok I heard the same thing about immediate family also. Thanks Brownsuga I might just have my brother take me off his because I have to see my man!

I have heard you can't be on more than one as well. Your man should be able to get that information pretty easily from his counselor/case worker.

@jereswifey he is still in the orientation dorm at the facility so he hasn't been assigned a counselor/case worker yet. He said they should be getting moved into population this week.

hotT'ssnowbaby

You can only be on two visiting lists if one of them is an immediate family member, so you should have no prob getting approved to visit your fiance, just make sure they know that it is your brother that is also incarcerated. If you have further questions, call your fiances counselor and see what advice he gives.

You should be ok with getting approved to visit the only thing is this new rule they started back in June saying something like if you are on more than on visiting list then the person that is not family you will only be able to visit once every 6 months. Its stupid and they really are not enforcing it but there is more info on these message boards about that new rule though you may have to look all the way back to around may or June to find it.

im not really sure how it works but I don't see why you can't be listed on your brothers list as family and your fiancees list as a friend/support person. I would just call the facility(s) and find out from there. Good Luck.

no you cant im on my fiances & they said i couldnt visit my brother since im on his, sucks !
    Momma.Bryce & Missin Daddy<3

Oh ok, well I got approved and every thing is good now! Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

Veteran Member
    Between Houston~S Antonio...He's at the Connally Unit

In Texas I was able to be on multiple visitation list. Right now I'm on 5 visitation lists right now.

My son has just been sent to Westville. How long does it take till he can call home? How long does it take until he can have visitors? Please advice if anyone knows. Thank you

He should be able to call home right away if you have a landline phone where u can accept collect phone calls. No cell phone calls tho. It took me about 4 weeks to get on the list after sending my info, so it's quite a long time. They don't put them into population right away either. He can only receive money through jpay until you get on his visiting list. He will need it for hygeine products and also a lock that is like 30 dollars. They will give it to him, then take it from his commissary as it comes in. My son is also at westville in the IC.

My boyfriend was able to call home the same day that he made it there. I had already had money on my account so that he could call me. I believe he was in the orientation dorm for about a week until he got moved into population. It took me about 6 weeks to get approved on the visiting list. I just printed the form off the doc website and mailed it in the same week he got there.
    @ rebel is very resourceful she helped me out with almost all my questions. and a few other people also. I joined the Westville group which is really nice. Hope this helps

Quick question ... on the visitation app(Indiana),the question is are you related ? Since this is my childs father and we are a couple can I be listed a spouse or just a friend since we are not married. Dont wanna make any mistakes on the app to delay in the approval process. Thanks.

Veteran Member

I am not for sure, but I do plan on calling are oldest son counselor to see if our daughter and myself can visit are son in another facility. With us already being on my husband list? I don't know what they will say, but I am praying everything will g ok

I was under the impression that my son had to send me the forms before I could fill them out. So am I allowed to go on the website and print them out and send them in? After reading your response to my call question. I called my phone company and my cell company. They told me I had to set up an account with a correctional billing services. Now I feel horrible thinking he has probably been trying to call home and can't. So I set the home phone and cell phone up with this service then went on Jpay and sent him a letter to let him know. I don't want him to think that I walked away..I would hope that he knows better then that. This all totally stinks. Is there anything else that I have to set up that I don't know about? Please help if there is..thank you all

@ Rj's That's probably about it just setting up the phone accounts. I also sent in my form prior to him sending it to me. Didn't help any because it still took 4-6 weeks. I just printed the form off online filled it out completley attached a copy of my ID and mailed it to the classification department at the facility. Hope that helps any.

@ Guysgirl2..it does help a lot. Thank you so much for all your help. He did call me today, so I feel a lot better now that I got to hear his voice.

@Rj'smom No problem! Those phone calls mean alot!!!

-Be safe

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information