Senior Super Moderator
    ~Love is Stronger than any Wall Built by Man~

Exclamation Probation Detention Centers / Georgia

Probation Detention Centers

|| Georgia Department of Corrections || - Probation Detention Centers
    CLICK ON LINK ON RED To Get To This Page:

Facilities Directory
    Facilities Descriptions
    A probation detention center (PDC) is a minimum security facility for confining probationers. Offenders may be sent directly to the center as a sentencing option or if they prove unable to fulfill their probation obligations in the community, may be sent to the detention center as a result of a revocation proceeding.

PDCs provide a sanctioning option for probationers who require more security or supervision than that provided by regular community supervision or a diversion center but may not qualify for a boot camp. The centers are highly structured, with regimented schedules that include supervised, unpaid work in surrounding communities and programming geared toward making them more successful in the community.
    There are 19 PDCs currently in operation with a total of 3,342 beds. Three centers house women (a total of 532 beds). A PDC in Bacon County is expected to open in the next year, adding up to 200 beds.

Corrections Division

Boot Camps

County Prisons

Court Services

Diversion Centers

Facilities Operations

Food and Farm Services

Inmate Affairs and Appeals

Private Prisons

Probation Detention Centers

Probation Supervision

Re-Entry Initiative

Risk Reduction Oversight

Special Operations

State Prisons

Transitional Centers

One facility, the Bainbridge Probation Substance Abuse Treatment Center (BPSATC), specializes in probationers with severe substance abuse problems. BPSATC began accepting offenders in late FY02. This is a residential center for 192 male probationers who have demonstrated chronic substance abuse problems. The program has advanced cognitive-behavioral substance abuse treatment with a complete mental health component. The center was originally designed for use by only selected South Georgia circuits, but the mission has been expanded so the center can serve probationers who have not been successful at other intensive programs.

my partner is at BPSATC, release scheduled for 8/09. He's written nothing but kudos for this program and feels it has given him the "tools" he needs to stay clean. I myself have had reservations, but will I support him in his sobriety from drugs. He'll be home soon, thats all we can pray for.

my boyfriend was just commited to Walker State Prison RSAT program. Does anyone know anything about that place?

Furlogh question. I was wondering if I might be able to get my son a furlough for Christmas. He is in Bacon Probation DC. Anyone ever requested this? It would be a family hardship furlough. This will (barring a miracle) be my dad's last Christmas and he would love to have all of his grandchildren here this year.
    Jeff's mom

Anyone know how an inmate is released from a probation detention center? Do we, as parents, just wait to hear from them?

Does anyone have any information about Walker State RSAT program?

is washington state prison in ga a releise center?

Default Washington SP

No Washington SP is a womens Prision, Minimum security in south georgia. They have a mens section too but there is a road in between. You can yel between the two yards.

Closed Thread

Thread Information