+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Florida

Question Florida

Hello, I'm new to this site...My Brother just got transferred to NWFRC ANNEX. Does anybody know how long it takes for him to find out I deposited money in his account. How long will it take before he is allowed to use it?

Veteran Member

Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm not sure how things are in Florida, but in Texas my husband just went to commissary and hoped there was money on his books. You can send your brother a jpay (email from jpay.com) and tell him that you put money on his books. Jpays arrive in 24 to 48 hours. When my husband first got to prison from county he really appreciated my letters and emails even though it was a few weeks before I was able to hear from him. Inprocessing is a tough time for everyone due to the lack of contact. Hang in there.
    "What's meant to be will find a way."

Hello. My love is in FL also and when u send the money, if it is before 8 pm, they will get it that same day. Otherwise it will be there the next day. No one notifies them that they have money on their account. They used to get information about who deposited what, how much and the date. Now they get a print out at the end of the month and that's it. So like Jen said, all he can do is go to canteen and try to buy something. Hopefully he will have figured it out by now or u have spoke to him on the phone.

Oh whoops I forgot to mention, most prisons in FL don't do the jpay email thing. We have to rely on good old snail mail and lame 15 minute phone calls...

Thanks so much Jen62 and lesah0420, for your help. I guess he finally figured it out...some of the money has been spent...;-) Do you know anything about the prison NWFRC Annex? I know that he is in the infirmary for now, as he has now been diagnosed with diabetes. I'm hoping that he will be a little safer in the infirmary. Thanks again for all your help!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information