+ Reply to Thread

Default Graceville ci info

Hi everyone! Im new to this but i am very relieved to find this type of help. My fiance was recently sent to 3 years prison and they just transferred him from NWFRC to graceville. I have all the phone stuff taken care of just waiting for it to get approved again (by the time it got approved at NWFRC they transferred him so he has to do it all over again). Just wondering if anyone can give me any info about this facility. Ive heard some really good things and really bad things....so im a little nervous. Also he was classified as medium security...does that make a difference as far as when he can use the phone and will they put him in a different cell unit because of that? Thanks for any help.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Veteran Member

Hi Mslindsay, welcome to jpay! I'm not familiar w/Graceville CF, other than it is a private prison, so the phone is operated through a totally different company other than securus, and jpay doesn't service the private facilities. I haven't really heard much about Graceville one way or the other, I know it used to be run by GEO, but they lost their contract last year I believe, back when an inmate was killed, but it's run by CCA now, and I haven't heard anything else bad since that incident. I do know that in the private prisons, they have better food & a bit better conditions, like air conditioning in the summer & better heat during the winter. Since he's medium security, he'll be in a dorm with about 85 men, not in a cell; as far as the phones go, they should be able to use the phones during the time they're turned on til they're turned off for the night.

I'm sorry I couldn't help more, hopefully one of the FL Girls might be able to give you a bit more info on Graceville.
    'To be brave is to love unconditionally without expecting anything in return.'

Thank you very much! That does help alot =)
    Posted via Mobile Device

Hi! Welcome to JPay. Graceville is really a good place from all experience I have had with them. My hubby was there for almost a year and everyone was very laid back and is very helpful. His custody was medium as well and he said other then the typical games that the men play in there, it was good. The Co's were hard when they needed to be but fair and for the most part very respectful. The phones still go through Securus which is good and I agree with Browneyedgirl, the food is a little better. Visitation is very relaxed(at least it was for us) and everyone was very nice, not looking down at the inmates like others do when you visit your loved one. They will put him in a pod not a cell so he will have some freedom to move around and another good point is they have windows there and the scenery is really pretty (it is right on the line where the forest/woods are) so especially around this time it should be pretty. I hope that helps and if you need any more information please feel free to contact me. Have a great night.

I used to live in graceville and have a lot of friends that work there. my son is in holmes work camp so I don't have any actual dealings with an inmate there. If I could have chosen a place for my son, I would have picked graceville. it is a new facility in the country and the co's are a laid back bunch. I live in North carolina now and don't get to visit as often as I would like to. I pray all goes well for you, it is a hard thing to love someone in prison.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information