+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gainesville W.C

Default Gainesville W.C

Can anyone tell me anything about this facility. Its shows my son was transfered to this place and i still have not had any phone contact from his for almost a month now and am just wondering if this is a work camp and he wil be able to go to work while hes there and if they also have ged classes and drug classes.

Thank you anyone who can answer any of these questions

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by rtcorrado View Post
    Can anyone tell me anything about this facility. Its shows my son was transfered to this place and i still have not had any phone contact from his for almost a month now and am just wondering if this is a work camp and he wil be able to go to work while hes there and if they also have ged classes and drug classes.

Thank you anyone who can answer any of these questions
    Yes, Gainesville W.C. is short for Gainesville Work Camp. Inmates at a work camp are either relatively low custody or they have about 18 months or less left on their sentences. They work 6 days a week, about 12 hours a day. Because they are there to go out and work and have (non-paid) jobs, they don't have many programs there for the inmates. They could "possibly" have a GED program, but highly unlikely for them to have a drug program. If your son is a youthful offender, they attempt to make it a priority for them to receive their GED.

It's unusual that you haven't had any phone contact with your son in the last month. First, check the money on your account with Securus and make sure it isn't blocked, or something isn't wrong with the phone account itself.
    If you have money on there, the next step is to call your son's classification officer. Call (352) 955-2045, ask for Classification, then give them your son's name and DC # so you can talk to the right person.

If all else fails, you can write him.

John Doe DC# 123456
    Gainesville Work Camp
    700 NE 55th Blvd.
    State Road 26 East
    Gainesville, Florida 32641-6067

Hope this helps.
    IF you don't already kno, u betta ask somebody!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information