+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy 2 felons living in same residence!

My fiance' n child's father is coming home within a year; a couple of months ago i had my father parole transferred here from another state. He just informed me that he thinks to convicted felons can not reside in the same house. Now what!

If your fiance' is coming home on paper (probation), then he will need to contact his PO but if he's maxed out and comes home clean, then your father and your fiance' can live in the same household.

I will check into this more for you if you'd like.

In Unity!
    Marti
    Director of Operations
    T.I.M.E.©
    Treating Inmates Morally & Ethically©

He will be on probation. It's better to wait until he comes home then notify the PO. What would be the alternative if any?

If your fiance' is on probation and your father is on parole, they're not suppose to be together however, this may be something your fiance' may want to speak to his PO about.

I will find out more information for you and post it...

In Unity!
    Marti
    Director of Operations
    T.I.M.E.©

Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar79 View Post
    My fiance' n child's father is coming home within a year; a couple of months ago i had my father parole transferred here from another state. He just informed me that he thinks to convicted felons can not reside in the same house. Now what!
    I want to transfer my fiance's parole from another state, was it difficult for you? And if you dont mind me asking what state did you do it from? And how long did it take?

I have another question about them being released...My husband does not have probation when he gets released...however he will be out on papers for the amount of gaintime he has that he will get out early..So i know before he gets released the PO will come to where we live blah blah blah....Do you know if his name has to be on my lease too? I live with my mom now, but I am getting an apt for us when it gets closer..I know alot of places will not approve a convicted felon, so my question is will it be an issue if he isn't on the lease? Do they even check that?
    RICO'S WIFEY

Quote Originally Posted by ricoswifey View Post
    I have another question about them being released...My husband does not have probation when he gets released...however he will be out on papers for the amount of gaintime he has that he will get out early..So i know before he gets released the PO will come to where we live blah blah blah....Do you know if his name has to be on my lease too? I live with my mom now, but I am getting an apt for us when it gets closer..I know alot of places will not approve a convicted felon, so my question is will it be an issue if he isn't on the lease? Do they even check that?
    For us in Pa they wanted his name on the lease and yes they checked. Dont know if its the same everywhere though.

No! His name does not have to be on the lease! His classification officer will verify where he's going prior to his release via your husband's "release plan"; however, that's all. Having his name on the lease is not a requirement and they can't force his name to be on the lease!

In Unity!
    Marti
    Director of Operations
    T.I.M.E.©

Quote Originally Posted by T.I.M.E. View Post
    No! His name does not have to be on the lease! His classification officer will verify where he's going prior to his release via your husband's "release plan"; however, that's all. Having his name on the lease is not a requirement and they can't force his name to be on the lease!

In Unity!
    Marti
    Director of Operations
    Ok..thanks for the info! That will definately make things alot easier....That is also what he thought..then he heard from someone that the PO will make sure it's a place where a convicted felon is allowed to live...But I know most apts I've been looking at will not approve a convicted felon on the lease...thanks again.
    RICO'S WIFEY

Ok..thanks for the info! That will definately make things alot easier....That is also what he thought..then he heard from someone that the PO will make sure it's a place where a convicted felon is allowed to live...But I know most apts I've been looking at will not approve a convicted felon on the lease...thanks again.
    First of all, the releasing inmate does not get assigned a PO until after he/she is released. It's his Classification Officer that will ask/require the releasing inmate to come up with a "release plan" as I said and make sure as much as possible can be verified; specifically his place of residency. That's all they're looking for... to make sure when the phone call is placed to you and the visit is made to your home, everything is good to go!!

In Unity!
    Marti
    Director of Operations
    T.I.M.E.©

Thanks again..my husband has been in quite a few times, we weren't together then though..and what you are saying is how he told me it always was too...so that's a good thing.
    RICO'S WIFEY

At SHORTTHK.....my father was in GA and i had him transferred here. It took about 2 months. He had to put the request in. The parole office up there contacted the probation office here (via email). A PO here called me to verify my info and I got all the PO info so if i had any questions I would call him back. He approved it on my end, sent the okay back to GA and when my dad went to check in they gave him all the paperwork. The process took about 2 months. I rented a van and drove up to get him.

In my case I didn't add and will not add no one name on the lease. They don't usually check that. I didn't want to go there becuase they both (dad and husband) are convicted felons.

this is old but yes 2 convicted felons can live in the same house... i know of PLENTY of people who have more then 1 convicted felon in their house...papers and all
    **When 1 Door Closes Another Door Opens**

U didnt know how to treat me so I found some1 that did

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information