Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    In His Heart
    Rep Power

    Default FAQ: Inmate Transfer Request

    Info taken directly from FLDOC site

    Frequently Asked Questions Regarding
    Inmate Transfers

    1. Will the department transfer an inmate closer to home to make visitation easier?

    1. While we believe maintaining family contact is very important to the overall success of the inmate’s development and eventual reentry into the community, the volume of inmates from certain areas of the state prevent us from using visitation convenience as a primary reason for transfers. In order to get closer to home inmates may request a “Good Adjustment Transfer” when they meet the required criteria.
    2. 40% of the inmate population comes from Central Florida (Region 3) and 35% come from South Florida (region 4), thus the majority of transfer requests are to these two areas.
    3. These facts mandate that transfers be based on the needs (security, health, education) of the inmate and/or the needs of the Florida Department of Corrections.
    4. The department will not transfer inmates based on requests from third parties (individuals other than an inmate or a department employee while in the performance of his/her official duties, to include the inmate’s family members and friends).
    5. If transfer requests are received by any staff from a third party, they will inform the third party requester that submitting a transfer request is the responsibility of the inmate when the established criteria have been met.
    6. For inmate medical treatment or court-ordered transfers, the Population Management Section of the Bureau of Classification and Central Records is the coordinator--the ICT and SCO do not review these requests. Upon completion of the treatment or satisfaction of the court order, the inmate is returned to the originating facility, if that placement is still appropriate. Other types of transfers, such as Good Adjustment transfers, cannot be considered while the inmate is out to court or until medical services have been completed and the inmate has returned to his/her permanent facility.

    2. How do inmates request a Good Adjustment transfer?

    1. Inmates may request a Good Adjustment transfer by submitting a completed DC6-187, Good Adjustment Transfer Request form, when they have met the established criteria.
    2. Inmates cannot submit this form during the initial reception process or when housed temporarily at a facility (i.e. medical/mental health treatment, court order, etc.).
    3. The DC6-187 is available in the institutional library, classification department, and in any housing unit.
    4. The inmate will submit the completed DC6-187 by placing it in the locked formal grievance box.
    5. A recommendation for a good adjustment transfer in and of itself will not necessarily result in approval.
    6. Inmates will receive a written notice as soon as a final decision has been made to approve or disapprove his/her transfer request.
    7. Inmates approved for good adjustment transfers are relocated as soon as possible based on available bed space. Depending on the area requested and other factors, the inmate may wait a year or longer. Department staff is not permitted to provide transfer scheduling information to third parties for security reasons. Individuals who communicate with Department staff by any means (phone calls, emails, letters, etc.) to inquire about the “status” of a transfer, can only be told if the transfer has been approved or disapproved. Inquiries made to find out if the transfer is scheduled or when it’s scheduled to take place cannot be answered.
    8. Inmates may be diverted to an institution within reasonable driving distance if bed space is not available at the approved institution or the inmate is otherwise unsuitable for housing at the requested/approved facility. While an inmate may be initially approved to a specific location, until the transfer actually takes place, the destination is subject to change.

    3. What are the criteria which inmates must meet to be considered for a good adjustment transfer?

    The criteria include, but are not limited to:

    1. the inmate’s overall release date;
    2. the time the inmate has served in the current facility;
    1. at least six (6) months at current facility or at least six (6) months total including other facilities if there were no negative or ex-close management (CM) transfers in the last six (6) months and the earliest release date is less than two (2) years away;
    2. at least one (1) year at current facility or at least one (1) year total including other facilities if there were no negative or ex-close management (CM) transfers in the last year, and the earliest release date is from two (2) years to ten (10) years away;
    3. at least two (2) years at current facility or at least two (2) years total including other facilities if there were no negative or ex-close management (CM) transfers in the last two (2) years, and the earliest release date is greater than ten (10) years but less than twenty-five (25) years;
    4. at least three (3) years at current facility or at least three (3) years total including other facilities if there were no negative or ex-close management (CM) transfers in the last three (3) years, and the earliest release date is twenty-five (25) years or more away;
    3. the inmate must be compatible with the requested facility’s mission and profile;
    4. the inmate’s earned gain-time indicates at least overall satisfactory evaluations for the last twelve (12) months; six (6) months overall satisfactory evaluations if the inmate is within two years of his/her release date;
    5. the inmate has not refused to participate in mandatory programs or been removed due to unsatisfactory participation during her/his current commitment;
    6. the inmate has no disciplinary reports within the last twelve (12) months; six (6) months disciplinary free if the inmate is within two years of his/her release date;
    7. the inmate has not transferred for good adjustment within the last twelve (12) months; and
    8. the inmate is currently housed in general population or protective management.

    4. I want to be notified of an inmate's transfer. How do I go about making this happen?

    1. If you are a victim of an inmate and want notification before an inmate is transferred or released, you may contact our Victims Assistance Office, toll-free at 1-877-8 VICTIM (1-877-884-2846). For additional information on Victim Services, please visit the Victims Assistance Program Information webpage.
    2. Because of the large volume of transfers, we are not able to notify family and friends of inmate transfers. Our web site's Inmate Population Information Search database is updated every 24 hours. A completed transfer is reflected on the inmate's detail record page in the "Current Facility" data field.

    If you need more information on Inmate Transfers, then e-mail us at:
    'To be brave is to love unconditionally without expecting anything in return.'

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Rep Power


    Thanks for this information. My buddy
    put in a xfer request well over a yr with
    no xfer yet.


  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Rep Power


    Thank you for the information

  4. #4
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    The Sunshine State
    Rep Power


    Ahh Lawd....somebody over here tryna steal my name! LMAO....
    IF you don't already kno, u betta ask somebody!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Deltona, Florida
    Rep Power


    Oh my imposter!!! lmao



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
JPay © 2015
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:46 AM.
vBulletin 4.0 skin by CompleteVB