+ Reply to Thread
    Veteran Member

Default Phone number for time comp?

Does anyone have the phone number for time comp? I thought it was posted in another thread but I can't seem to find it. All the DOC page lists is the number for DOC in the Springs. He's written and I've emailed them about his earned time but as of yet, we've had no response so I want to call them if I still don't hear anything tomorrow. Thanks
    I can never give my man my heart because he is my heart

Disclaimer: Any advice given is my own personal opinion and I am not liable for your subsequent actions. It's your life and your choice.

Exclamation Info

Colorado Department of Corrections

2862 South Circle Drive
    Colorado Springs, Colorado 80906-4195
    Telephone: (719) 579-9580
    FAX: (719) 226-4755
    They will be able to connect you to the correct people. Hope this helps.
    DAVID

Keep calling until you get a live person to talk to because they will NOT return calls (when I called their voice mail went as far as saying they don't return phone calls to family or friends of offenders... I had to call twice because I thought my ears were playing tricks on me).

719-269-4170. Please use with care. They are not obligated to tell you anything.

Veteran Member

Thank you and don't worry. We just need to know whether or not he was supposed to have it because he's running out of time to get it corrected.

Disclaimer: Any advice given is my own personal opinion and I am not liable for your subsequent actions. It's your life and your choice.

Veteran Member

Thank you all. I called them and they were very nice and helpful. It wasn't the answer we were hoping for but at least now we know.

Veteran Member

They told me that "due to the nature of his offense he was ineligible for earned time during the time he was out on parole". I was also told that he was eligible for earned time this last time he paroled out but if you recall, due to external influences that didn't work out and he ended up back in there a short time later. So basically he paroled out, violated, paroled again, violated again. I did find out it was classed as and shows on his mittimus as non-violent but he also paroled 17 months prior to his MRD. I forget which word means which...1 sentence starts and then the other begins. So I don't know if that worked against him too. While I've dealt with him being in jail numerous times, I've never dealt with the legal side of things so I have no idea what is what. Justice, you know any help is appreciated and I thank you and everyone for helping. I'm completely lost on this and I can't seem to wrap my head around these legalities while also trying to sort financial legalities in my own life caused by my ex. I don't know if I'm coming or going lately and barely holding myself together.

Veteran Member

He initially paroled near the end of '06 if that makes a difference. That's the period of time they said he was ineligble for earned time. When he violated beginning of last year and paroled again, they said he was eligble then. To me it appears as if they're saying that he was not eligble for earned time untill he reached his MRD even though he was on parole. I replied to your PM aswell.

What is time comp?

Veteran Member

time computation. Trying to think of a simple way to explain it (others explain things better than I do). They're the division of DOC who handles the time computations for how long a person is incarcerated and on parole. Like in our case, his PO can input his earned time but if time comp (aka time release) doesn't have his information correct then the PO can't enter it.

Does anyone know the number to Time Comp in Michigan?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information