+ Reply to Thread
    Veteran Member

Default would writing the parole board help?

It's been a month since my guy submitted his self revocation forms and even though the parole board is swamped right now, I would have thought we'd hear something by now. I'm really worried they'll deny it and I'm wondering if it would help if I wrote the parole board and pretty much begged them to grant the self revocation and keep him in there. He has told his old case manager that he's not going to submit a parole plan but apparently the guy wasn't listening cause he said he was going to submit one for him and put a homeless shelter down. That is one of the last things my guy needs! I'm probably being overly worried right now but please, let me know if you think writing them would help or not.
    I can never give my man my heart because he is my heart

Disclaimer: Any advice given is my own personal opinion and I am not liable for your subsequent actions. It's your life and your choice.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgette View Post
    It's been a month since my guy submitted his self revocation forms and even though the parole board is swamped right now, I would have thought we'd hear something by now. I'm really worried they'll deny it and I'm wondering if it would help if I wrote the parole board and pretty much begged them to grant the self revocation and keep him in there. He has told his old case manager that he's not going to submit a parole plan but apparently the guy wasn't listening cause he said he was going to submit one for him and put a homeless shelter down. That is one of the last things my guy needs! I'm probably being overly worried right now but please, let me know if you think writing them would help or not.
    Writing them is a good idea it sure can't hurt..let them know that he has someone on the outside that cares and also shine a light on his character as to the man he is and plans for the future..Good Luck!! Have a blessed day
    Have a Blessed Day

mamalion
    :

Veteran Member

Thanks. I should have mentioned that his sentence is already completed and right now he's on his mandatory parole period and in on a technical violation so his 180 turn around is almost up. He just has such little time left on mandatory parole that to us it makes no sense for him to go back out with no where to go that'll be condusive to his mental well being. As many on here, I'm out of state and he can't come home until that stupid parole period is over. I'll definately contact Ari Zavaras and see what he thinks I can do to help and since I won't go behind my guys back, I'll write the parole board and send it to my honey and tell him it could help if he gives them that letter. He's pretty stubborn and likes sorting things on his messes on his own. Thanks both of you.

Disclaimer: Any advice given is my own personal opinion and I am not liable for your subsequent actions. It's your life and your choice.

Dawgette, I really hope that he doesn't have to go back out without anywhere to go. I am sure it is bothering you. And that really sucks he can't put in his parole plan that he would parole to where you are. Are you sure he can't do that?

Dawgette have you seen the post, "out of state paroling?" It may help you in this case. And maybe he can put in for it, and it would delay any parole until that paper work has gone through? Just a thought.. it is on the colorado page.. good luck.

Veteran Member

Ya, I've seen that post and we did bring up interstate compact but with only 4 months left (6 from now) till full discharge from parole, it doesn't make sense to go through that hassle. Plus this state charges supervision fees that he doesn't want to put on me. He feels guilty enough not having anything when he comes home and not knowing how long it'll take to find work. Plus he knows I'd have to get rid of certain things (like my sword collection) because of parole restrictions and he refuses to as he puts it "be a burden on me" anymore than he already feels he is. And with no place to go there, he wants to just ride it out and be free when he comes home.

I can totally understand that. My hubby has a mandatory parole once he does get out weather or not he is released on parole or stays till the very end. I hope that your guy gets to do this like he wants. Sorry you have to get rid of your sword collection. That just sucks..

Veteran Member

I really do hate colorado's mandatory parole laws. Thankfully in may/june (which ever depending on if they keep or let him have his good time) he's completely done. Sentence done, mandatory parole done.....finally free of the system. If he had more than the next 6 months to go then he may have given in and tried for the interstate compact. As much as I hate it, I appreciate him thinking of me since if he can do it this way, I get to keep my sword collection. He knows I have one that has a cast metal hilt that's in the shape of a dragon and it has silver dragons on a black scabbard. The hand guard is the dragon's wings. But as I said, if they accept his revocation then we both feel better knowing he'll be safe and away from those who contribute to his issues until he can come home and he wouldn't have to feel guilty for me giving up things so he can come home.

actually we dont have a homless shelter for paroles anymore i dont think. there was one down town called crossroads but that closed down about 3 weeks ago. So what they would end up doing would be placing him in a house type thing. he would have his own room with a lock furniture and stuff. his own fridge in there. he would live with a few other parolees. they would share the kitchen and living room and bathroom but its way better thent he shelter. my man did the shelter before we met. crossroads is was bad. a little cot with a small locker everyone in the same room guys all over the floor if they couldnt pay the 40 a week for a room it really was not a good place but if he were able to get in to one of these other houses it may help.

Veteran Member

He'd be paroled to the springs and I do believe they still have them there. When he was out last time he knew a couple of guys who were on parole and living under a bridge cause they had no where else to go I just want what's in his best interest and sadly, for him it's staying in until the day he's free and can come home.

Default In the past there is that but in the future there will be notihing

how many time i do not do what i want to do but do what i dont want to do

That thread was from almost two years ago. Did you notice that?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by luvstruck View Post
    That thread was from almost two years ago. Did you notice that?
    She's a spammer... I flagged her post.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information