Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: inmate money

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Rep Power

    Default inmate money

    dknow of a website besides J-pay, possible called access secure deposits, to put money on the books for inmates at a county facility, such as Elmwood in CA?

  2. #2
    Senior Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    ~Love is Stronger than any Wall Built by Man~
    Rep Power


    This Information is for California Department of Corrections;

    Sending Money to an Inmate

    There are four reasons to send money: Funds to Inmate (for discretionary spending), Restitution Payment, Family Visiting, and Temporary Community Leave:

    • Funds to Inmate. Money that is being sent to the inmate for his or her own personal use is subject to restitution and administrative charges.
    • Restitution Payment. To make a payment for a restitution fine or direct order for a parolee, the parolee should contact his/her parole agent for instruction. If the payment is for an inmate, the inmate should contact his/her counselor for information. When making a payment, please give the restitution fine or direct order information. We also need in writing what should be done with any excess money over the fine or direct order amount. It can either be given to the inmate or refunded to the sender.
    • Family Visiting. Before sending money for family visiting, contact the institution's Family Visiting Office at the institution where the inmate is located for instructions. NOTE: Funds for family visiting may NOT be sent via Electronic Funds Transfer.
    • Temporary Community Leave. Before sending money for Temporary Community Leave, the inmate should contact his or her counselor for instructions.

    How to Send Money

    There are four ways to send money: personal check, cashier's check, money order, and electronic funds transfer (EFT). Cash, traveler checks, and foreign currency are not accepted. See below for further explanation.
    Checks & Money Orders

    All checks and money orders should be sent by mail to the institution where the inmate is currently located; refer to the specific institution's webpage for the mailing address. The inmate's name and CDCR number, along with the sender's name and address is required on all checks and money orders.
    NOTE: Personal checks are held for 30 days before being deposited into the inmate's account.
    Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)

    You may also send money electronically through one of the following companies:

  3. #3
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Northern Mi.
    Rep Power


    Jpay has worked well for us so far. I've been using it for well over a year and no problems. You get a free short note you cabn send with the funds. Just need a debit or credit card and ther eis a small fee for them. It gets there quick though. TC&GB



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
JPay © 2015
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:29 AM.
vBulletin 4.0 skin by CompleteVB