+ Reply to Thread

Default prison mail / Wasco Reception

hey, im not sure if im off topic here, but my fiance is in wasco stae prison receotion center. does anybody know if i can send him stamps, envelopes, and paper? i tried to find the rules and regulations for mail on their website and couldnt find anything at all! please help me.

*reception

Veteran Member

Welcome to Jpay!

Here in TX we can send inmates stationary but not stamps. You should google the prison your fiance is at & get the number to call & ask them.

Senior Super Moderator
    ~Love is Stronger than any Wall Built by Man~

http://forum.jpay.com/showthread.php...ighlight=wasco

Things You Cannot Send To An Inmate In Wasco State Prison

1. No Hardcover books are allowed.

2. Inmates are not able to receive Polaroid pictures, or pictures that have been altered. Pictures of gang signs, tattoos, nude people, weapons, or drugs will not make it to your inmate so don't send them.

3. No Pens or Pencils.

4. Glitter, stickers (including address labels), glued, metal, plastic, laminated, crayon drawings, hand painted items are not allowed.

5. Reception center inmates can not receive newspapers or magazines. So if your inmate is not going to be at Wasco that long, do not get him a subscription.

6. No manila envelopes.

7. No blank paper (drawing paper, lined is ok)

8. No lipstick, or hair. No substance of any kind.

9. No Jewelry, clothing or food (They can use the money on their books to buy the things they need at the Prison)

10. No third party mail from inmates. This means that your inmate can't write to another inmate at another facility.

11. No posters larger then 8 X 10.

There may be a few more things that you can and can not send, so to be on the safe side, contact Wasco State Prison and ask for a list. These are things that you can send on your own before you get it . Though it is hard having a loved one in prison, you can at least still write letters to them and send some things that will make it a little easier for them while they are away from you.

Senior Super Moderator

http://forum.jpay.com/showthread.php...ighlight=wasco

What You Can Send To An Inmate In Wasco State Prison

1. Money Orders and Personal Checks: If you're sending money to be put on the books for your inmate, then you need to make out the money order or check to the CDC (California Department of Corrections) or put the inmate name AND their CDC number. If you don't want to send it directly, you can use JPay.com. JPay is a web site that will send your inmate money to put on the books. It may possibly get there quickly then if you sent it.

2. 20 stamps or 20 envelopes from the post office that already have the embossed/metered postage present. Do NOT put stamps on the envelopes and send them to your inmate. They will be returned back to you.

3. One lined writing tablet. It can not have a cardboard or spiral metal binding.

4. 10 photographs. You have to write the inmate name and their CDC number on the back of each one.

5. 2 soft cover books. Books HAVE to come from the publisher or a book vendor. A few places you can use are Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble, and Christianbooks.com.

6. Mainlined inmates are allowed to receive magazines and newspapers. These need to also come from the publisher.

Veteran Member

Hair is seriously on the do not send list?

Who would want to do that anyways? *scratches head*

thanks for the info....... i just have one more questin. so all of this can fit, what kind of envelope do i use since it says no manilla envelopes?

i know, seriousley! WHO SENDS HAIR!!!!! lmao!

Senior Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ladynoble View Post
    thanks for the info....... i just have one more questin. so all of this can fit, what kind of envelope do i use since it says no manilla envelopes?
    I do believe manilla is the yellow envelopes they have them in white as well.

But I think they are talking about sending to him for his use ?????
    Last edited by TexasDust; 07-05-2012 at 05:53 PM.

Senior Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TxChick View Post
    Hair is seriously on the do not send list?

Who would want to do that anyways? *scratches head*
    Back in the day people used to give their loved one a lock of hair so they had something personal of theirs to be remembered by.

i know, seriousley! WHO SENDS HAIR!!!!! lmao!

Anyway there are freaks out there that wouldn't hesitate to send a lock of pubic hair in to their loved one Lol!
    (I just had to go there )
    Last edited by TexasDust; 07-05-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Senior Super Moderator

thanks for the info....... i just have one more questin.
    Your Welcome....you mean no more questions for now..

Don't hesitate to ask if you want to know...

"Oh" and Welcome to the JPay Friends and Family Forum!
    Last edited by TexasDust; 07-05-2012 at 11:29 PM.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by TexasDust View Post
    Back in the day people used to give their loved one a lock of hair so they had something personal of theirs to be remembered by.

Anyway there are freaks out there that wouldn't hesitate to send a lock of pubic hair in to their loved one Lol!
    (I just had to go there )
    Lmao YOU would!

Senior Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TxChick View Post
    Lmao YOU would!
    Cute Graphics

hahaha! thanks for welcoming me....... i guess i could see that now. sending a lock of your hair to your loved one.

ok, so i thought of another question......... i sent in my visiting form like 2 weeks ago. how long does it usually take to hear back?

Where is Wasco? What state? I know in Texas my friend turned the form in and two days later he got notice I was approved. I never received anything personally.

ok, so i thought of another question......... i sent in my visiting form like 2 weeks ago. how long does it usually take to hear back?

Senior Super Moderator

Approximately 2 to 4 weeks, you can call and ask for visitation and see if you have been approved yet.

Senior Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Diana777 View Post
    Where is Wasco? What state? I know in Texas my friend turned the form in and two days later he got notice I was approved. I never received anything personally.
    Wasco is in California

When your reading a Thread if you look on the top of the page on the blue border it will tell you what forum the Thread is in

Also when your looking at the New Threads and Posts on the end of each line it has the name of the Forum it is in. (That Really Helps "Sometimes")

Oh! I had another blonde moment. Ha! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasDust View Post
    Wasco is in California

When your reading a Thread if you look on the top of the page on the blue border it will tell you what forum the Thread is in

Also when your looking at the New Threads and Posts on the end of each line it has the name of the Forum it is in. (That Really Helps "Sometimes")

Senior Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Diana777 View Post
    Oh! I had another blonde moment. Ha! Thanks!
    It took me awhile before I realized what was going on myself, and then so many things are different with different states and the facilities, like their rules and laws, what the inmates can and cannot do what they can and cannot have, and the names of some of the facilities are the same names of different states.

So my brain was twisted and my eyes were crossed for awhile on here Lol!

nice...... thank you guys!

Senior Super Moderator

nice...... thank you guys!
    Cute Graphics

about 5-7 hours from Amarillo in west Texas

Sorry hon but you have to wait until he gets to a unit you can not send in anything tht he can get from the comm. Once he gets to where he is going to stay you can go to any Office supply, office Depot, they have cd that you can get or go on line and order the stuff you want sent like envelopes,notebook paper,legalpads but no pencils, pens. You can go to a book store and order magazines,calenders, books, as long as they are boung by glue no spiral of any kind. Well hope this helps you out some I'm no expert but will help nall I can have been doing this for 6 years now,
    Carol carolnewsome643@yahoo.com

so he cant be in reception when i send him something? :/

Senior Super Moderator

I read the Post last night and I called the Reception Center today but the recording states that they are open monday thru friday I tried different extensions to no avail no one is answering the phones.

the links I included in the posts on this Thread are to the Original Poster who posted the info, and I think she posted it because she is now dealing with the reception center.

I can see where it even states that if they are at the reception center and are not going to be there that long not to order them magazines or newspapers so it looks like everything else applies to them, But yes, it would be a good thing to make sure before you send anything out.

Seems like there are 2 sides to the reception one for the ones going on to another facility and two for ones that are housed there for awhile.
    Last edited by TexasDust; 07-07-2012 at 03:27 PM.

aww....thank you very much. I really appreciate you doing that for me.... I sent him out the stuff anyways. I hope it gets to him. I just sent paper,stamps,and envelopes. Guess ill find out soon enough.

Hello, I do not know the policy for sending postage stamps, and envelopes, but does anybody know if I can send my boyfriend emails through JPAy, he is in Wasco also.

yay! thanks for the info everyone. he got the pack of envelope and stamps i sent him. im not sure if he got the pad of paper though because he didnt mention it. as he was sending me a letter, he was receiving one from me. in his letter he said he could only get 20 sheets of paper and i sent a whole legal pad, 15 stamps and 10 envelopes. @ lolla09, im not sure about the emails. but if you want to send stamps, envelopes, and paper, they have to be sent in groups of 20. for ex: 20 envelopes, 20 sheets of paper, and 20 stamps.

Default yes u can

Yes wasco can receive stamps,envelopes& no more than a 100 sheets of paper at a time
    Jessica

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information