Things You Cannot Send To An Inmate In Wasco State Prison
1. No Hardcover books are allowed.
2. Inmates are not able to receive Polaroid pictures, or pictures that have been altered. Pictures of gang signs, tattoos, nude people, weapons, or drugs will not make it to your inmate so don't send them.
3. No Pens or Pencils.
4. Glitter, stickers (including address labels), glued, metal, plastic, laminated, crayon drawings, hand painted items are not allowed.
5. Reception center inmates can not receive newspapers or magazines. So if your inmate is not going to be at Wasco that long, do not get him a subscription.
6. No manila envelopes.
7. No blank paper (drawing paper, lined is ok)
8. No lipstick, or hair. No substance of any kind.
9. No Jewelry, clothing or food (They can use the money on their books to buy the things they need at the Prison)
10. No third party mail from inmates. This means that your inmate can't write to another inmate at another facility.
11. No posters larger then 8 X 10.
There may be a few more things that you can and can not send, so to be on the safe side, contact Wasco State Prison and ask for a list. These are things that you can send on your own before you get it . Though it is hard having a loved one in prison, you can at least still write letters to them and send some things that will make it a little easier for them while they are away from you.